Take 3: Buy her soul, they said... it'll be fun...

Hi!

Please don't worry, no this isn't the way I'm leaning with all my writing ... it's just that the writing prompt below was just too intriguing and the IDEAS have not left me alone.

Yes, I just blamed the ideas for the fact that I've thrust some of our beloved GB characters into a satan/demon role. I don't think anymore ideas are coming... this one, I think was the last one that came to be a developed idea.

Fine, Fine... there are 2... no, 3 ... more potential ideas. However, they've not come to me enough to make me focus on them long enough to figure out details. So, please enjoy and again, the writing prompt made me do it.

Writing Prompt:

Satan: Hey, Um, you sold your soul to me last week and...

Me: No returns.

Satan: Yeah, it's just that it's a lot more twisted than I thought and...

Me: No returns.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Silas frowned and ran his hand over the back of his head. He really wasn't looking forward to this but how could he keep it? His Aggele Mou was the most important person in his life and this just ... well it completely shattered any ideas he'd had about her and life before he met her.

He'd come to earth at the decree of his father, Hades, god of the underworld. It just made sense really. A teenaged Greek god now, in Charleston. Everyone knew he was Greek and he'd gotten a reputation; he just didn't bother to clarify that he was the teenaged Greek god of the Underworld.

Most people didn't care.

His chosen brothers didn't care.

It had been a stroke of sheer genius that had bound them together. North had known about him the entire time they'd known each other. North was the first soul he possessed. The loyalty had paid off. Over time, he'd added to his collection. He regretted owning Theo's soul. It was the first time he'd possessed a soul that made him shiver with the amount of evil that came pulsing out of the vial it was kept in.

His rage at finding out that his brother had started the fire that killed their mother had almost brought a swift but painful end to Theo.

North was the only one that calmed him and kept his secret despite the way Silas had almost blown every cover story they had concocted to try and keep adults from noticing Silas had a collection of souls.

But now, he'd finally landed and added Sang's soul to his collection.

He'd had a week to study it and to be completely honest, he was stunned at the depth of deception that wound its way through her soul.

It was a dark and twisted soul fragment that seemed to be poisoning all of the soul bits around it. He wasn't exactly sure how to tell his beloved Aggele Mou that he simply couldn't keep her soul and needed to return it to her immediately as he didn't have time to investigate just what made her soul so dark and twisted.

A random knocking pattern sounded on his door before it opened and his Aggele Mou walked in. He almost had to blink at how beautiful she was as the sunlight hit her and everything seemed to brighten in her glow. "Why hello, Aggele Mou."

"Hi yourself, Superman." Sang smiled at him and dropped into the chair in front of his desk. "You asked me to stop by. Is everything all right?"

"Sure." He smiled but felt it was more of a grimace as he nodded. "I just wanted to talk to you about the business we conducted last week."

Sang's eyes widened and she shifted slightly in her chair before poking a forefinger at her lower lip, pressing it back into her teeth for a moment. "Business..." her eyes rounded for a moment before she smiled. "You mean my soul?"

Silas nodded. "Yes, the soul you sold me last Wednesday. Thing is, Sang, I don't think I can keep it. It's far to dark and there's a lot of layers in there that are solely yours."

Sang stared at him blankly. He could see tears welling up in her eyes and he quickly handed her a tissue. She took it with a sniff and dabbed at her eyes. "I'm sorry. I don't understand why you don't want it?"

"I'm uncomfortable taking it." He tried to backpedal. "I've never seen a soul this complex." He said.

She looked at him with an arched eyebrow. "You were assuming my soul would be all pink and fluffy like cotton candy, eh?" she stood up and he noted the sudden lack of tears. "No returns." She glared at him.

Silas held up his hands. "Hey, wait... I ... I love you, Aggele Mou. I never said you couldn't be complex, it just surprised me, and I don't think I'm the one to deal with it best."

"No returns." She shrugged. At his puzzled expression, she rolled her eyes. "Look, I'd be surprised if one of us didn't have some strange quirk like this. You're not who I thought it would be, but it works, I can see it now. Greek god of the underworld and all. Thought it would be Nathan but I could see where that could be a problem."

His confusion turned to amusement and he chuckled. "Why do you think it would have been Nathan?" he asked.

She shrugged and rolled her eyes again. "He's a ginger. They're classically known to be without a soul, so I guess it makes sense that it's not him anyway. Who wants the soulless to be in charge of collecting souls?"

"Ah, Aggele Mou, I am sorry that I underestimated you. Yes, Nathan's been a bit of a stumbling block." He nodded. "You really don't care?"

"I don't care if you're a god of the under, over, inner, outer world. Camping world, wally world, Disney world... Sea world would be cool though." Sang said. "I love you, I love our family and I'm not changing my mind, it's still no returns with regards to my soul."

"Have you seen it?" he blurted before waving his hand and making the contact and soul container appear. "It's so dark. Darker than North's even."

She smiled slightly and leaned forward to study it. "Oh, it's all one piece." She murmured before reaching out to poke a finger at it. The pulsing dark orb shivered as if recognizing her and almost rolled over like a puppy begging to be belly scratched. She obliged by running her fingers against the orb.

"Wait, you've seen it before?"

She shrugged. "I tried to sell it before we moved here but the demon I contracted wouldn't take it because it was shattered into a million pieces. Far too messy to collect and we hadn't signed a contract yet because he wanted to see what he was dealing with." She turned her face up to look at him. "It was in a million pieces and now that I'm here with my family, it's healed. It's all one piece. You guys did that." She reached up a hand and rested it on his cheek. "I won't take it back. I'm happy like, seriously light and not burdened."

"But why is it so dark and layered?"

Her eyes narrowed, and her gaze darkened. She put her hands on her hips and glared at him. "You rescued me from a shower after she made me drink lemon juice and vinegar and you have to ask that question?"

He instantly felt bad and shook his head. "I'm sorry, Aggele Mou. I didn't think. I just wasn't sure that I'm the right one to have it."

She moved closer and kissed him lightly. "I understand." She murmured, kissing him again. "But my answer's final. No returns." She said as she turned and walked away, leaving him frozen and unable to move as he stared at her retreating back and then looked at the orb next to him as the door swung shut behind her.

"That went well." He grumbled, running a hand over his face before he sent the contract and orb back to their hiding place.

(Fade...)