Take 4: Buyer Beware: The twisty 12's

I know what I said.

Yes.

But this one finally filled out in definition.  :) A slightly different take on the writing prompt. Thanks for reading and indulging me.

Writing Prompt:

Satan: Hey, Um. You sold your soul to me last week and...

Me: No returns.

Satan: Yeah, it's just that it's a lot more twisted than I thought and...

Me: No returns.

~ ~ ~~ ~ ~

"Did you get it yet?" Her tone was harsh, as if he was less than a minion to her.

Which, he was.

Nathan scowled at the pint sized, mob boss, if you will. "Not yet."

Her eyebrow quirked up so sharply that he almost asked if Mr. Blackbourne had learned it from her. That would be silly, right? The idea that Mr. B had learned everything he knew about intimidation from a 12 year old girl?

Wait, make that a 6 year old girl. He'd met Jessica when she was six. "Not yet, what?"

Nathan found hemself bowing slightly to her to placate her thirst for power. "Not yet, my liege."

"Better." Jessica shrugged and pinned her eyes on him again. "And why haven't you gotten my brother's soul for me yet?" Her lip curled up in a sarcastic smirk as if she knew he was having problems.

"Maybe..." Nathan hesitated, running his hand over the back of his head. "Maybe, I should give you your soul back and you can go ahead and finish what you started." He crossed his fingers behind his back, hoping she'd take the offer. He regretted the suggestion immediately after he said it when he saw her face.

Her green eyes narrowed and she put her hands on her hips. "No returns." She glared.

"But I don't think that I was really meant to have it." He protested.

She shook her head. "That's sweet, Nathan." She huffed a sigh. "Of course, you are not meant to have it." She said, pointing at him. "You're a ginger. You're deliberately soulless. But oh, no, you had to try and pull a fast one and try to intimidate the little precious one to get her to sell you her soul. So that you would fit in with everyone else in your merry little band of brothers and Sang." Jessica shook her head. "Dude, it wasn't offer up. What did you think you would do with my soul?"

Nathan hung his head and shrugged. "I don't know, okay? I just didn't think it would be so dark and twisted..."

She rolled her eyes. "Well, tough. 12 is hard now, people forget that we are more dark and twisted now than they realized."

He shook his head. "Such a sweet little girl you were, too." He flashed her a grin.

"Don't push it." She retorted. "I need that soul like last week. You made a promise." She flipped her braid over her shoulder and pointed at him again. "NO returns. Do your job." She said, pointedly before walking out of his garage and heading home.

"Promise." He muttered with a sigh, running his hands into his hair and tugging on it. "Definitely a deal with the devil." He blew out a breath. "She really was sweet..." He shook his head before heading outside to work out and fine tune his plan to get Kota to sell his soul.

(Fade..)