Muffins? What Muffins?

"North." Uncle smiled at him and slid a tupperware container across the counter to him. "Take those to the little bird."

"What is it?"

"I figured out those muffins you said she likes." Uncle said. "Tell her I'll make them whenever she wants them."

North grunted slightly and took the container. "Okay. Are you going to start selling them too?"

"I was thinking of adding them as a choice for breakfasts or at least as a menu option for catering." Uncle said.

"The diner we had them in seemed to sell them pretty well." North said before opening the container and fishing one out to try it. He eyed it for a moment before looking at Uncle.

"I should have had you try it already."

North shrugged slightly, analyzing the muffin.

"You just don't normally like things like it."

"I can change." North said before taking a bite. His eyes closed as he chewed, the muffin exploding with flavor in his mouth. He found himself taking in the subtle coffee flavor and actually enjoying it. "That's really good." He opened his eyes and looked at Uncle. "Dead on copy cat of the originals."

Uncle beamed. "Good." He nodded. "Make sure she gets them."

"Sure." North nodded, securing the lid again and grabbing the container and his backpack. "Luke, come on!" He yelled up the stairs. "We have to pick up Silas and we don't want to be late." He headed out to the Jeep as Luke ran down the stairs, vaulting over the railing and landing on his feet in the entryway, right behind North.

"Bye Uncle." Luke yelled before the door slammed behind him and he ran to catch up to North. He got in the car, eyeing the container. "What's that?" He asked.

"Muffins." North mumbled, starting the car.

"You don't like muffins."

"I can change." He said defensively. "Uncle made the muffins Sang liked."

"Oh! The cappuccino ones?" North nodded. "I want one."

North scowled at him. "NO, no muffins." He slammed a hand down on the lid. "We don't speak of the muffins. YOU can have ONE, Lucian. Only one and don't tell Sang."

Luke fished a muffin out of the container and had half of it gone in less than a second. "Why can't I tell Sang?" He asked through a mouthful of muffin.

North gave him a look. "Because I'm not giving them to her, they're too good. She can't have them."

Luke frowned. "Why would you keep them from her?" he swallowed the rest of the muffin.

North grunted. "It's for her own good." He said defensively. "She doesn't need all that sugary crap..."

Luke fell silent but continued to give him a confused look until they'd picked up Silas and finally arrived at school. "You're crazy." He finally commented. "I can't believe you're doing this to her."

Silas' ears perked up and he looked between them in curiosity.

North rolled his eyes and glared at his brother. "Not a word." He warned. "And I'm not crazy."

"Mental." Luke muttered as he turned away and headed off to the school to find the rest of their family.

"Muffins, North?" Silas asked with one eyebrow raised. "Aggelle Mou's muffins?"

North rolled his eyes and gave Silas a muffin before taking another one for himself, eating it as they walked to the school. "Not a word from you either."

(Fade...)