The Seduction of Dr. Green

I slid the lipstick slowly over my lips, pursing them together as I studied my reflection in the mirror. I'd followed Meanie's instructions to the letter. I just hoped that I could actually follow through on all the plans I had tonight.

Oh yes, big... big plans for Dr. Sean Green.

He'd been working too much lately. We had hardly seen him around the house and I just know that they cheated.

Oh yes, they cheated at drawing straws.

All 8 of them.

Even Mr. Blackbourne.

I scowled at my reflection. "Cheaters the lot of them." I nodded my agreement to my reflection. Not that it mattered. I had a plan to seduce Sean tonight anyway.

They just forced my hand in it because they thought they had to interfere.

Boys!

Can't live without them, can't shoot them all without a good reason.

"Paintball." I snapped my fingers and nodded. I'd work on Sean to get him on my side after tonight and we'll get them all splattered up good with paintball. Because THAT was a way to shoot them all without a good reason.

I might have to involve the Toma team.

Well, Raven for sure.

He liked to sneak up and ambush North.

I smiled and ran my hand over my hair, making sure the loose curls were in the right spot. I sighed softly and studied the rest of my appearance, slim purple sheath dress, deceptive neckline - designed to entice his eyes to study me and stiletto heels that Meanie guaranteed me would drive him batty.

"Sure, as long as I don't snap an ankle like this heel." I grumbled. Then again, he'd probably love to doctor me right up. But that would put a major crimp in my seduction plans.

I turned off the lights and went into the living room, lighting the candles around the room to set the mood before spending the rest of my waiting time pacing the living room, rehearsing what I had in mind for him.

The big question that loomed, the one I was tasked to finding out the answer to was why? Why was he working so much and staying away from home right now? It had been 4 years since we'd been freed to live this life we chose.

Was he tired of me? Tired of us? I didn't think I could possibly live without him but I couldn't keep him here with me if he was unhappy, could I?

I swallowed nervously. The answer to any of those questions had the ability to destroy me and the family that I'd found and made with them. I sighed softly and studied my reflection one more time, my green eyes showing both the nerves and unhappiness that warred within me.

Headlights swept over the room as his car pulled into the driveway and he turned it off. I smoothed my hands down my skirt nervously as I waited for him to come inside. I caught my lower lip nervously with my teeth and worried it slightly as the door opened.

"Pookie?"

"Sean..." I quirked an eyebrow at him as he came into the living room and locked the door behind him. "It's about time you got home." I murmured.

"Sorry. Did we have plans ...?" He blinked at me before he stopped, putting all of his stuff down on the couch as his eyes swept my body, taking in my appearance. "I'm really sorry if we had plans and I've made us late." His eyes lingered on my heels for the longest time before slowly moving up my body as I walked towards him.