2- The Thunder and The Lightning

I stare at the empty dark street. "Damn it, out of all the places to fight, Blood Thorn picked this one."

"Easy, Sky," Barry said, through my earpiece. "This won't take long."

"Funny, last time you said that, you got your ass kicked."

Barry laughs, "Are you challenging me?"

"I finally get to see your competitive side, Thunder. First one to find and beat her in a fight wins," I grinned.

"Okay, Lightning, its game on."

I teleport through the area. "Blood Thorn," I yell. "Time to stop whatever little scheme you got going on. I got a bolt with your name on it."

Something wraps around my leg. I glance down at the thorny tendril. "Oh boy."

The vine whips my into the air. I'm hanging upside down. I hear the clack of high heels, echo against the pavement. A woman walks into the light of the streetlamp. Her dirty-blond hair is messed up, and her gold flecked eyes are crazed. "Well...What do we have here?"

"Did ya miss me?" I teased. "Let me guess, you didn't. Tough crowd." A second vine wraps its way around my abdomen. I grit my teeth. Blood Thorn smiles.

"Its all fun and games 'til someone gets hurt, right Electric?" Her thorny plant digs in deeper into my skin. A small yelp escapes my lips. Blood Thorn's smile grows broader.

"You know," She said slyly, taking a step closer. "How sweet are you? Coming alone with no back up? And here I thought your friend Tiger Girl was going to come instead."

A blur of light shoots over, from down the road. The blur smacks into Blood Thorn, and she lands on her back.

"That's enough out of you," Barry said. The vine holding up my leg drops me. I flop on the ground with a thud. "Ow," I growl. I adjust my black mask, and wipe the blood from my mouth. Blood Thorn starts laughing. 

"The Flash," she exclaimed, "So nice of you to tag along. Its always more fun when there are more than two people playing." Another giggle comes from the villainess. "I'm sorry to laugh, but this is priceless." She sends another to wraps itself around me. Right around my neck, and torso. The next vine wraps around Barry's waist, and ties him to the streetlight. "Oops, "Blood Thorn said. "Guess you weren't fast enough for that one."

I manage to free one of my hands, and shoot a bolt of electricity at her. She shouts out in pain, and staggers back. I send out a shockwave, and obliterate the vines. I drop down into a superhero landing. (Which I've always wanted to try.) Blood Thorn regains her footing. "Do you know what I've always wondered, Electrical Strike?" she asks, as a pair of vines and tendrils climb up her arms. "I've always wondered: How many briars and thorn covered plants will it take to make you bleed out? Tonight, I think I'll find out."