17- Welcome To The Jungle

A/N: Based on the episode Attack On Gorilla City (spoiler alert)

"This headline, City Still Recovering From Gorilla Attack," Barry reads the board in the Speed Lab.

"So you think this headline and Harry being taken are connected?" Joe asks.

"I knew it! I knew this was going to happen as soon as I heard it!" I said, almost excited my knowledge. I receive several looks. "I mean, this is terrible. Now we have to go and get killed by gorillas."

"Who said we're going to die?" Cisco looks at me.

"I'm just saying, its like Kong Skull Island, except there are multiple gorillas, and not just one."

"Grodd must be planning something," Barry says.

"Maybe coming back to this earth," Caitlin suggests.

"Not alone by the sound of it," Cisco mutters.

"If we save Harry, maybe that changes the future," Barry states.

"Changes mine and Sky's future," Iris says.

"We save Harry, we save them," Joe grips Iris's shoulder.

"More importantly Iris," I object. "My life comes second."
Barry shifts his gaze over to me, and exhales, his expression is unreadable.

"Harry's my friend, I'm not just abandoning him," Barry said. "I'm going back to Earth 2."

"You're not going alone," Cisco says. "You need someone to open those breaches."

"Well, we had so much fun last time."

"I did not have fun almost getting killed by Zoom to save Barry," I say, shuddering, remembering Zoom's hand nearly tearing into me. "The things I did for you."

"Not the best memories," Cisco agrees. "Anyway, I'm in."

"I'm in too," Caitlin volunteers. "I have a connection with Grodd, that could help."

"Yes, thank you," Barry then looks at me.

"My days are numbered, so I might as well join in." I cross my arms, and nod to him.
Barry gives me another look that I can't find an emotion for.

"I'm coming," Jesse says."

"No, I'm sorry Jesse, but you can't." Barry said.

"Look, I can take the risk," the female speedster protests.

"No, your dad would kill me if I let you come along."

"I'm a speedster now, I can take care on myself."

"That's why you're staying here. This city needs protecting. Besides, now you can teach Wally a thing or two."

Jesse looks at Wally, and he shows off his new fazing technics. 

                                                ***
"I thought we were going with a King Kong theme, and maybe Planet Of The Apes. Not Indiana Jones," I joke about Julian's attire.

"I told Captain Singh I was going to a conference in Blüdhaven, if its all the same to you," Julian tells Barry.

"One of my friends lives in Blüdhaven," I comment, adjusting my suit. "He's a real badass with escrimas. . . And whoa. Indiana has a gun."

Julian puts the gun back in his holster. "Don't call me that."

"Jesse, Wally, its your job to keep this city safe," Barry says to the speedsters.

"Good luck," I grin.

"Earth 2, here we come," Cisco opens a breech.

"Welcome to the jungle," he says, as we walk through a forest.

"You don't have to tell me twice," I grumble swatting at bugs. "If I catch malaria--"

"You won't," Cisco rolls his eyes.

"I didn't get my vaccination."

"Hey, I--"

"Please stop arguing," Barry groans.
I flick my gaze over to the Scarlet Speedster. He gives me a small smile, as if reassuring me to be on my best bahavoir. I smirk, and tread behind Vibe.
Cisco's device starts to go off.

"Did you hear that?" Caitlin asks.

"This is it," Cisco glances down at an object on the ground.

"That is one huge footprint," I stare at the imprint in the mud. I look at the surounding woods. "I don't like this. It could be..."

"Its a trap," Barry said. At few moments off, a dart hits him in the arm.

I whirl around, just in time for a matching dart to impact my neck. My head jerks back, and I crumble into a heap.

 My head jerks back, and I crumble into a heap