5- Setting Fire to the Sky

PREVIOUSLY ON LIGHTNING STRIKES TWICE...

I open my hands, and electricity spills out. The energy hits almost every cult member, and Kara and Barry hack away at Cicada's minions. Very few are left standing, and Cicada's still standing.

"I have to say," Cicada says, looking around at his knocked out followers. "Well done. But you can't stop me."

"We'll see about that," I said. Together, Barry, Kara and I charge. This ends now.

NOW.

"We need to combine our powers," Kara said, punching a cult member square in the face.

"Like a power-move," I grinned. "Great idea!"

"If we're gonna do it, we better do it right now. Before they all wake up," Barry points out.

"On three," Kara said, turning to face Cicada. "One."

"Two," Barry adds, as he runs around Cicada, trying to distract him.

"Three!" I shout, and I blast a bolt of lightning at the villain. Kara's heat-vision slams into Cicada's chest. Barry hurls wind gusts at him, pinning the killer to the pavement.

Cicada yells out as he's forced down into the ground. His clothes are burning into flames. Barry races around Cicada and throws a lightning bolt at him. I absorb all of the power from him, and Kara stomps a foot down on his torso, knocking the wind out of him.

My fist lights up with power, and it crackles with volts of energy. "Lights out, Cicada," I said, and then I sock him in the face. Cicada's eyes roll back into his head, and he falls limp. We look down at him.

"He's not dead, right?" Kara asks.

"Nah, he's immortal," I said.

"He won't stay unconscious for long though," Barry answered. "I'll call Joe at Iron Heights. The CCPD needs to lock these guys away." Barry walks away, and Kara and I are left in the warehouse with a bunch of knocked out people.

"So, what's going on with you and Barry?" Kara asks.

"What do you mean?"

"You always seem really happy when you're around him."

"I'm always happy Kara."

"I know, but you're even more happier."

"You sound like my other friends... Besides, Barry's dating Iris."

"I've been in the same shoes you were in, Sky. And who knows, maybe he likes you back."

"Maybe..."

Supergirl smiles, "Look on the bright side. We defended an evil villain, and made your earth a safer place. Now, we can go and get donuts."

I laugh, "You and your donuts, Kara."

Kara's smiles grows, "Well, who doesn't like donuts?"