7- To The End Of Time

The past day was rough. Just to let you know all this happened before mine and Barry's "date". All that's going through my mind right now is Caitlin Frost's (almost Killer Frost) words:            'You are worthless, you always have been, Sky. This is all Barry's fault, but you are still pathetic; with or without the change in the timeline. I could just drive this icicle right through you, that's really how pathetic you truly are.'

I know she didn't mean that. Caitlin wasn't talking, her alter, evil, ego was. I can't blame her. But she did start up my flashbacks of my childhood bully. Not a fond trip back down memory lane.

I shake the thoughts from my mind. I'm currently sitting on my bed, staring blankly at the dress I was planning to wear. Its black. The dress it black, like I was about to go to a funeral type of black. No time to return it. I slip on the dress on. It looks dumb. I sigh and walk out into the hallway. I need to bring my suit too.

"What do you think?" I can't keep the negative tone out of my voice.

My friend Izzie is here to supervise my dog while I'm gone. The redhead is sitting on my couch petting the golden puppy. Her mouth curls into a smile. "You look fabulous. I think your date is very lucky to have you."

"He is not my date. Just a friend," I said, adjusting the dress hastily.

"Riiiiight," Izzie says with that weird grin on her face. She looks very closely at my expression, "You're not  going to bring the suit, are you? That isn't necessary. Have fun. Your friend, the Flash, probably has crime covered."

"Yes, I'm bringing the suit. I'm not taking a break." I start to nervously hum a song.

"Stop that," Izzie says, "you hum when you're A: bored, or B: have anxiety. Did you just meet this guy? What does he look like?"

"Iz, don't worry about me," I said tensely. "I haven't been..."

"On a date, in like, forever?" Izzie guesses. "Have you even gone on a date before?"

"Okay, now you're being ridiculous."

"Then stop acting like--" Izzie gestures to me, with odd hand motions. "--That."

"I've known him  for a quite a while, so I think I'm fine," I tell her. But I'm pretty sure I'm trying to convince myself, rather than Izzie.

There's a knock on the door. I open it, and peek around the corner.

"Hey," Barry says with a smile. I open the door wider.

"Hi," I feel like my heart lost its pulse. He's wearing a suit. Not his Flash suit, an actual suit, with a tie. I stare for a second.

"You okay?" Barry asks.

"What? Uh, yeah," I turn around and look at Izzie. Her mouth is dropped open. "This is my friend, Izzie."

Izzie waves at Barry, she's playing with her hair. I glance back at Barry, awkwardly. "I'll get my bag."

I walk over to my bag. Izzie blinks in surprise. Holy God, she mouths to me, he's so hot

I shake my head vigorously at her. Stop, I mouth back. Izzie simpers.

"Ready to go?" Barry asks.

"Yeah," I could only manage one word. We walk out my apartment. I'm just about to close the door, when I say, "you look good." My face heats up, I slowly close the door. But not before I see Izzie give my a thumbs up. The door clicks shut.

The hall is empty, and its only Barry and I.

"I've never saw you in a dress before," Barry said. "You look beautiful."