Chapter Sixteen

Ginny woke up, blinking against the harsh sunlight coming into the room.  She snuggled down further into the warm blankets.  That's when she realized how heavy they were.  She reached her hand down and felt an offending appendage in the way.  She turned around and spotted Stephen, who was sleeping soundly with her tucked into his side.  His arm was wrapped around her, pulling her to him. Ginny blushed harshly at that thought.  She was in his bed...in his room...sleeping here...What had she been thinking?! 

Stephen moved slightly in his sleep, but he didn't wake up.  Ginny reached out and gently brushed back a piece of his hair.  Stephen stirred, his eyes opening.  They studied each other for a long moment.  It seemed to take Stephen a while to fully wake up and figure out where they were.  His eyes grew slightly wide, "Ginny, I'm sorry. I must have fallen asleep and-"

"No harm done." she mumbled awkwardly, shrugging.  Ginny shifted slightly underneath the warm covers.  She actually enjoyed lying here next to her husband in the early hours of the morning. "We should get up."

"Yes, we should." he agreed.

Neither of them moved.  Ginny rubbed her eyes and sighed, "I haven't slept so well in a long time."

Stephen finally made a move to get up, "I'm glad you feel refreshed."

Ginny slowly slid out of bed.  Stephen slipped off his night shirt, leaving him bare chested for a moment making her blush again, before putting on his day shirt.  He glanced at her, "I have to go into town today.  I have some business to take care of.  You can join me if you wish."

"That is all right. I will stay here." Ginny opened the bedroom door.

"You're sure?"

"Yes. I have Kitty. I won't be alone in the house." Ginny smiled.

..................................................

Ginny glanced at the clock on the mantle again.  She was beginning to get worried.  Stephen had been gone for at least five hours.  Kitty had left a few moments ago to get the groceries for the week, so she had the house to herself.

She anxiously flipped the page of her book, though she wasn't reading any of the words.  She tapped her foot.  What was taking him so long?  What could he possibly be doing?

Ginny got up and paced the room.  She finally gave up on reading and close her book.  Maybe she just need a nice hot cup tea to calm her nervous.  Yes.  That would most definitely help.  Ginny made her way to the kitchen to prepare a cup.  She got out the kettle and began to boil the water.  That was when Ginny first noticed the dark figure standing in the corner.

She spun around, screaming.  The man stepped forward, holding up a rag.  He covered her face and held her there.  Ginny thrashed and kicked, but she slowly began to grow sleepy and tired.  What had come over her?  She tried to shake off the fog clouding her mind.  The last thing she saw before her vision grew black was a bag going over her head.

......................................................

"I want to speak with Deliah." Stephen demanded of the woman standing at the front desk.

She had bright red curls and heavy rouge.  She leaned forward, smiling seductively, "Are you sure what you want isn't to spend a few hours with me?  I can make it worth your time."

"I want to speak with Deliah." he repeated.

She woman trailed her fingers down his shirt, "I'm good in bed.  You should forget about Deliah and come with me."

Stephen grabbed her hand and pulled her closer, growling in her ear, "I didn't come here to sleep with anyone.  And if you lay a hand on me one more time I can promise you'll regret it. Understood?"