Epilogue- Rosamaria Pt. 3

"So you've tried to run and hide from me now, is that it?" The voice from Rosamaria's nightmares laughed.

Emily stepped out from her place hidden in the shadows of the bedroom. Rosamaria stumbled towards the bed, clutching her gown to her bare skin, "What do you want?"

"You haven't dealt with you sister yet." Emily tsked, playing with a bit of ribbon that rested on the desk. "Instead, you've gone and turned yourself into a pretty little whore." Emily glared at her. "All is ask is why?"

"To get away from you." Rosamaria spat in disgust at Emily's feet.

Emily smirked, "That isn't all." She trailed her sharp nails over Rosamaria's soft cheek. "No, you're trying to protect Ginny. You think I won't find her if you can't be tracked. Well, honey, I already know where she lives."

"You had better not hurt her-"

"Or what?" Emily laughed, her blue eyes sparkling with delight in the candlelight. She gripped Rosamaria's chin roughly. "You have nothing against me. You are nothing. I typically have other people do my dirty work, I like to keep these beauties clean." Emily wiggled her soft, white fingers. She clenched them into a fist. "But I will dispose of that girl myself if need be, are we clear?"

Rosamaria swallowed the sob in her throat as Emily marched from the room. She screamed, shoving off all of the delicate makeup jars from her dresser, watching in satisfaction as the shattered against the floor.

She fell to the ground, sobbing. What had she done? Ginny was in danger because she had been acting stupid. She shouldn't have let Emily control her like that. She should have old her father that she had slept with that boy, and taken ownership for her mistakes instead of letting Emily use that information against her. She should have tried to protect Ginny and married Stephen herself so that Emily's rage would be directed at her.

Rosamaria hugged herself tightly, feeling as if she was going to shatter like a china doll and no one would be able to put her back together.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

The next day, while Rosamaria was busy with another "client", as she called them in order to keep sane in this place, the door to the room slammed open. Rosamaria spun around and gasped in surprise, but glad for the interruption.

The man she was kissing went over to the door, wobbling and shaking from drinking the alcohol Rosamaria had drowned him in. She always tried to make her clients dizzy with alcohol in hopes they would pass out before she had to do anything that was too much.

"Hey!  What's this all about?!  I paid good money for this girl!" He complained, shaking his fist.

It took Rosamaria's eyes a moment to adjust and recognize the man standing at the door was none other than Stephen Knightly.

"She's coming with me." Stephen grabbed Rosamaria's arm and yanked her away from the man.

The man tried to chase after them, but he ended up collapsing near the door.  Rosamaria yanked at her arm in protest, "Stop!  You can't just take me from here!"

Please get me as far as from this place as you can. She wanted to say. But she wasn't that girl. She was playing the part of the villain, the one who hated her sister and her sister's husband.

Stephen luckily ignored her and continued to drag her from the building.  Rosamaria shrieked in protest the entire way.  Stephen growled, "Hush!  I don't want to hear another word from you!"