Chapter 1 (edited):

COMMENT YOUR FTR HERE!

Edited - by SunnyMonroe_Mari

Anyone else who would be interested or able to edit a chapter and lend a hand message me. It would be much appreciated!

This chapter is kinda short but I hope you all enjoy! ♥️

The lesson seems to drag on and on. It was like the universe was taunting me. The clocks seemed to have stopped working properly and it was as if time was out of place.
"Why can't the bell hurry up and ring?"
It had only been, 25 or so minutes of class and I was seated. I was busy potraying my nerdy facade, answering all questions and minding my business as much as possible, when all of a sudden Lucas Gringon walked into class- like, halfway through the lesson mind you- and interrupted the teacher.
Like clockwork, he argued with the teacher, got a detention slip which he scrunched up in his hand and threw straight into the bin like a miniature basketball, then sat down grumpily in a desk while dumping his bag on the floor with a thud.
More importantly, why was he seated at the desk right next to me? ... even when there was one other empty seat in the middle of the room. You see, I like to sit at the back and as you may have noticed earlier, I also said that my nerd act was just that- an act. I already knew what the class had learnt, is learning, and will learn for the rest of year 12. I learnt it all in advance when I was younger, courtesy of my Dad and what he referred to as the " formula to success".
So, now I am watching the clock and not even trying to hide my eagerness to get out of class and away fro Lucas. The problem is what the teacher announces next.
"You will all be starting a project. I have already organised your partners so stop giving each other those looks."
I groan out loud and earn a look from Mr Bad-boy sitting next to me which earns an eye roll from me when I look away so that he can't see it- but his friend (name) does and he gives him another look too. This time, I settle for a huff of breath and slide down low in my chair and I wait for the teacher to announce the groups.
"Ok, so class, these are your groups. They will each have three people in them but one will have four. Ok, please get up and move to a desk and sit with your partners.
"Claire, Nicole and Sophie, you girls are together.
"Daniel, Joshua and Evan, you will be in a group of three.
"Kylie, Spencer and James, you will work as a trio.
"Harriet, Noah and Amber, you will be the fourth group.
"Maddison, can you please work as a three with Jayden and Mackenzie.
"Lucas, since I expect you to do at least some of the work but don't want the rest of it to be left to only two people, because I know how you are with school, I have put you in the group of four so that if you decide that you don't care about your mark for this subject, your group will just be a group of three like the rest of the class. Now, I will give you five minutes to silently take a look at the assignment which I have written up on the board and you can then start talking to your partners to work out when and where you can meet to complete this as you will have no class lessons at all to do it during your school hours. Time starts now!"
I am almost tempted to do a happy dance right in the middle of the classroom because I was not put in the same group as Lucas but I also feel like mourning for the nerd-ish girls he was put with.
May they rest in peace. They will be missed dearly.
Haha. NOT! I couldn't care less- now hopefully, he will stay away from me during class! thank God because he and his looks were really starting to piss me off so I felt sort of like shouting at him to just STOP STARING AT ME! I mean, I don't mind the attention or anything-what girl doesn't- it's just that I definitely minded the person giving the attention.