Chapter 23:

Chapter dedicated to all those who read my book(s)
***************************************

Following Fleetfoot and running into the kitchen not 10 seconds later are the boys. Yep, all of them. It seems that they have gotten past the weird grudge that they held against each other and become ok friends- at least, that's what it looks like when I am around. They skid to a stop when they see that the dog is in my arms and currently being held and patted by me before seemingly remember something and sending me matching glares.

"What? What did I do?" They don't respond, just keep glaring. "Well, can you at least tell me why you are glaring at me?"

Jay speaks up- thank god- saying, "I can't believe that you left us to look after that monster last night. Like we know how to look after dogs?!"

"Oh, grow up. How do you think he feels? Look at him- he is shaking because he is so scared of you four. You have traumatised him. He will be scarred for life! How could you?"

They don't seem to see any of the humour in my voice and instead start panicking. "What?"
"We didn't do anything to him!"
"He pooped on my bed!" That one was Kayden.

But Mackenzie said nothing, not seeing the point in arguing with me, knowing that I will always win no matter what and that the consequences could always be worse than you could possibly imagine.

"Well, I have to go to school, so you will have to find someone to look after him while you come to school too or one of you will have to take the day of- by yourself- to look after him, feed him, toilet train him, play with him, and constantly be with him. So what option is it? You can work it out together but I will be going to school now, so goodbye!"

I turned away from their understandable shocked and grouchy faced, hiding my large smile that was itching to form on my face without my full or partial consent.

Getting to my car, I unlock it with the keys that I snagged on my way out the door and hop in. At least I am able to ride to school in style now, instead of driving the average but old car that I had to use to stop everyone at the school, including the teachers, from knowing that I owned quite a large sum of money. Well, large really was quite the understatement if you were to compare me with every other person my age and probably most people who were older, too.

Arriving at school, I park in my usual spot and stop the car. Pulling the drivers seat mirror down, I check my reflection but panic when I realise what I looked like. I looked like me- the normal me. I looked like the me that no person at this school should ever see. But when I checked the time on my phone, I almost screamed out loud because there were only nine short, rushed and precious minutes until I was expected to be in class. That means that I didn't have time to go home and change. I could always just skip and say I am sick, I suppose, but I haven't taken a whole sick day off this term. And although I am seen as a pretty bad-ass girl outside of school, I still really do care about my education because I know where not having an education can get you and I want to stay as far away from that place as possible. I mean, if inheriting a gang from my now dead father wasn't already bad enough for the life ahead of me, it was made even worse by the fact that I enjoyed being the leader of the gang. It was nice to be in charge of something big. And what helped that nice feeling was the fact that my gang wasn't bad in the slightest. We stayed away from drugs unless it was to get someone else off our backs and protected our territory- so basically, we stopped the people in this area from being hurt by other people and gangs because they were too scared to get on our bad sides.

Sometimes it payed to use your power to good. Sometimes it even gave you that warm fuzzy feeling in your stomach. That warm fuzzy feeling that I happen to most of the time hate.

I contemplate what I should do- go to school looking like this? Or not go at all? Or go home and change but be late and risk the issues that come along with that?

Well, the former one sounded like the best one to go with, at least for now, so that is what I went with.

Tell me if you want me to keep going with the story or not! I would love if you could vote and if you could COMMENT what you think about the story for me to get some positive- or slightly negative- feedback.

Thanks! Xx