Chapter 30:

So sorry for the delayed update but I have got it up now after some trial and error. Thanks so much to all those who have stuck around and been patient for me. You guys are the best. I will try my best to update as often as possible in the future but I do have exams coming up so there may be a few more slight delays. I apologise for now and in advance for any delays or problems with the story.

"Kayden, take him to my office. Sit him down, keep him quiet and don't let him ask any questions. Keep a close eye on him- I don't trust him".

He nods and walks briskly towards Ryan, who is still simply staring there stunned, being stared at by the 19 or so people sitting on their cheap fold up metal chairs in front of me. Kayden grabs his arm and starts to drag him when Ryan snaps out of his trance and pulls his arm out of Kayden's grip.
"I can walk by myself, thankyou very much. I have been doing it well enough for a while now". He says the first part out loud, reaching a mumble as he finishes his argument after realising that nobody was listening, I had turned away to address my audience and that Kayden had gripped his arm again, despite his protests, and was continuing to lead him to the back entrance/exit, whatever suits you.

By now the hopeful people sitting in front of me had redirected their attention and had focussed their gazes back on me. I noticed a few of them were sporting small smirks on their faces as their gaze flickered from me to the person- Ryan- who was still grumbling complaints at Kayden as he was dragged to my office.

"Now, as I was saying, anyone who wants to leave or back out can do so now without any further threat or injury because if you try to do so after joining my gang, I warn you now that it will not be pretty at all and you may not be leaving in one piece".

Most of them nod their heads as though this is what they were expecting, which they should have expected anyways. I mean, we are a gang for Christ's sake. The minority who do not nod their heads are the ones who take big gulps which you can almost hear from across the room, but at least they still remain in their seats, not backing out.

"If you are all staying, then it is time for you to warm up. You will have to complete some physical and mental tests which I will personally witness and be the ultimate judge of. I am going to go deal with our little intruder and when I come back I expect you to be warmed up and stretched ready for the first physical test of the series of assessments."

I turn around, leaving them to their own business for now. What they don't know yet is that their first test is really starting now. I have cameras set up to monitor their actions. Not only to see if they can follow instruction when not under supervision, but also to see how they interact with others. More precisely, their competition. It will help me narrow down the number of people a whole lot and give me a good idea of the way the remaining people can interact with others.

As I reach my study, I stop outside the door for a second, listen I silently to the conversation happening between the two guys.

"So, how do you know Maddy" I think it is Kayden asks.

"I go to school with her"

"Well I already don't like you" he says gruffly and I smile.

"Why not? You don't even know me". Ryan sounds offended and this time I have to keep my laugh contained.

"I am not stupid. I know that everyone at your school are all assholes and treat people like crap, especially Maddy. Just because she may dress like a nerd gives you and them no right to treat her the way you do. You all need to pull your heads out of your asses and learn how to respect others."

"Yeah. I get that we have done some bad things, but I have tried to get some people to stop treating her so badly. I have always felt bad for her and never wanted to treat her badly. It tears me up having to push people around all the time but my grandma was threatened and I have to pretend to be someone I'm not in order to save her. That's why I am so desperate to join this gang- so I can keep her safe. She is all I have left."

I decide to end their heart-to-heart before one of them decided to burst into tears, because that is one of the only things I do not know how to deal with. I make footstep noises as if I am approaching the door and I burst straight in, not bothering to know cause, I mean, it's my office and I am supposed to be a gang leader.

"Kayden, get out of my spinning chair. You know that it is the one thing which I do not allow others to use." He smiles at me sheepishly and stands up next to it, giving time enough room to walk past him and sit in the chair, pushing myself off and spinning it in a few 360 degree circles before slamming my feet down on the floor at the perfect moment so that I stop directly facing Ryan who is sitting in an uncomfortable wooden chair on the other side of my desk. I chose that chair so that it would make people squirm. It is just that uncomfortable.

He looks at me with a smirk, probably at my childishness. But who is he to judge? He goes around bullying people. I dj t care about his sob story, cause he still makes he choice to go out and actively seek victims for his bullying.

"So..." I start. "Care to tell me what THE HELL you are doing here?" I go from speaking, to yelling and back to speaking. Finishing with a sickly sweet smile on my face and glancing behind him to see the numerous Tv screens on the back wall displaying the candidates warming up or trying to intimidate others.

"I-I-I" he doesn't even try to finish the sentence, cutting himself off when he can't seem to find coherent speech.

"You wanted to try out to join my gang?"

He nods his head so fast it could rival one of those bobble heads of Donald Trump.

"Well don't think it is going to be easy". He lets out a sigh but when he sees my smirk, I can see panic in his features.

Let me know what you think!
Thanks for reading!
Xx - Charlie