Chapter 26 - Part 2:

Winner of comment comp for last chapter - EloquentlyEloquent05
- congrats! (That commenting paid off!)

Am doing the commenting competition again. Comment on the chapter that I have selected and you will get a follow, mention in the next chapter, and reads/votes/comments/mentions for any stories you may have published. Have upgraded the amount of comments to unlimited, to an extent that I will decide myself.

Good luck and happy reading!

Xx - Charlie_reads22

"I would like to think of this as a sort of an interrogation and I sure you would like to think the same. Hopefully you can cooperate because I am afraid that will mean that we may have to hurt you, and I don't want to mess up that pretty little face of yours."

I am not sure what he actually knows about me considering the amount of things that I keep quiet and don't tell anyone, so I don't say anything, just in case I give something away. He seems to be eager to start and so I wait for him to do so.

"Now, I am going to ask you a question and you will answer honestly. It's quite simple actually, think of it as a one sided game of 20 questions but you don't ask any questions- leave that part for me, ok?

"Question one- don't forget to answer honestly- what did you do last night?"

"I don't know", I reply. "What did I do last night?"

"I need a proper answer or my backup here won't just be for show and intimidation purposes", he says with a smug look, his eyes anticipating something that I will not give him. "Where were you last night and what were you doing?"

"Fine." I pretend to give in like the nerd they all see me as. "Last night I was doing my project for school."

"Well, why didn't you just say so? It wasn't that bad, was it? And where were you?..."

"atjaydenshouse" I mutter, faking embarrassment. He cups a hand to his ear and says an infuriating "could you say that again, I couldn't hear you." I felt like punching the look off of his stupid but still attractive face.

"I said, I was at Jayden's house". I grit my teeth and forced the words to come out.

(I think that's where I said she was, let me know if it is wrong or right)

"You were at his house and he was actually doing an assignment with you? Is this true?" He turns to Jayden. Jayden nods.

"Ok. I believe you, Maddy. Ne-"

I cut him off. "Maddy is something only my friends can call me."

"Well, Maddy, right now you will start to consider me as a friend or when I am in with some powerful people, I may just ruin your life.

"What powerful people want to know you?" I scoff.

"I am going to be joining the (gang name- have I already used one? If not, what should they be called?)"

My cough is a result of almost choking on my own spit. The hell is wrong with his head?

"The (gang name)? Do you even know who they are?"

"Oh, so my suspicions are correct! You do know who they are! I did see you around their gang house multiple times over the past few months. I knew you had something to do with them!"

"What do you think I have to do with you getting into the gang?"

"People seem to know you", he says. "And outsiders don't because of your nerd facade during school.
But the thing is, I saw you and have seen past that. And you will help me get into this gang. You can tell me the leader and in result I will stop bullying you and all your fellow nerds. Promise."

I give a tight smile. "I will tell you who the gang leader is but only in private. If you want into the gang, you would have to stop bullying me anyway."

"Ok. Eve-"

He is cut off.

"Hey! What are you doing?! Leave her alone!" A girl I have not seen before is approaching us at a fast paced walk and I almost groan out loud. She just had to get involved.

Not wanting to get in any deep shit from anyone, Ryan nods to his friends and they begin to disperse. He tells the approaching girl that he wants no trouble before, too, following his friends back over the field and into the school.

"I was sort of expecting a 'thanks' at least." The girl says to my back as I start to follow them and walk back to the school.

"I didn't need help. I was in control of the whole conversation."

"That didn't look much like a conversation to me, more like a confrontation. And I am not sure that you were the one in control".

I direct a laugh over my shoulder to where she is still standing. "Trust me, I was".

I continue walking away from her as she just stands there awkwardly, watching my retreat. "My name is Phoebe by the way". She shouts to me at last minute and I almost miss it because of the distance I had purposely put between us.

"Well, thanks for ruining my plan, Phoebe", I mutter to myself, opening the doors again and waiting for the slam behind me as they close when I walk through.