Chapter 6:

When I look back up at him through my eyelashes, I see that he has a goofy smile on his face combined with a weird and thoughtful expression as he looks down at me.

"What?" I ask shyly.

He shakes his head and snaps back out of his stupor. "Ok. But just letting you know that I really don't believe you. Anyway, did you want to work on the project tonight?"

"Hmm? Yeah sure. Can we do it at your place? Or Mackenzie's place?"

"Yeah. We will meet you out the front of the school after 6th. Will go and ask Mackenzie now." He starts to walk away when he waves over his shoulder.

"See you in class!"

I give him a half hearted wave in return and realise that now, I can't go home. That sucks. Because I am not going to go back into the cafeteria room as that would just be like inviting them to bash me up- and not for the first time either. Instead, I make my way to the side of school where there is a shady tree that overlooks the football fields. I can see Lucas and Mackenzie smoking at the back of the school.

I make the stupid decision to walk up to them. I regret that now, but I didn't know that then.

When I approached them, they, at first, didn't even notice that I was there. I gained my courage and finally said "Hey guys. Why are you doing that at the back of the school?" While I motioned to their cigarettes. Lucas looked at me like I was psychotic and he was probably right- he doesn't even know how psychotic I really am.

"Why do you think? We can't get caught." He replies in a smart ass tone.

"Duh. I know that. But why not do it behind the trees near the exit instead of all the way out here? It's just easier."

Mackenzie looked at me curiously. "You sound like you have done that before." I just shrug in reply.

"Ha." Lucas says. "Like the nerd would have the guts to do something like that. She is jut a goody-two-shoes who spends all her time in the library by herself and has no friends at all."

"I am her friend." Mackenzie butts in quickly, supporting me. And I make a mental note to make sure that I thank him for that later, after this terrible conversation.

"Sure, man. You just feel bad that she has no friends and want so stick up for her because she can't stick up for herself and because she is in your group for that stupid project and want her to do all the work for you."

I raise an eyebrow at him, fed up with his attitude. "Wow, who pissed in your fruit loops this morning?" He is irritating me, so I keep going. "You may think you are so cool, but just wait until you get out into the real world and have nothing but a joint in your hand. There is nobody queuing up to do your work for you like they may do when it comes to your homework now. Your dick belongs in your pants, not your personality and in my opinion, I would really love for it to stay there. I can't stick up for myself huh?" I turn to Mackenzie to see him looking at me with a smirk filling in his features. "Oh, and I will see you and Jayden at the car park after school. We will be going to one of your places tonight for the project so don't take too long to long in the janitors closet at the end of school with whatever whore is low enough to go in there with you. Ok then. Bye!" 

I give them a cheerful wave and walk back into the school hearing Mackenzie say to Lucas, "She got you real good dude!" And Lucas replying "Man, she got you just as good." And both of them laughing.

As I walked back into the main building, I look at the time on my phone because my school doesn't have bells because it 'interferes with the peaceful environment' and 'disturbs the learning'. It is really annoying.

According to my watch, it is now time to go and grab my things for the last 2 periods from my locker and start heading to class so that is where I start to walk. When I get there, I see one of the school's blonde bimbos who aren't in the popular or bitchy group, and who also happens to own the locker next to mine. I wonder if she has heard of PDA and also if anyone has invented soap for your eyes. I think I need it now.