Chapter 9:

Like i said, we were having fun and laughing and playing games after not too long but our hapiness didn't last very long at all. Like i also said, it was interupted.

Let me explain.

We ended up telling jokes and such and were all laughing because of the very not funny joke that Mackenzie had just told us. I don't even really know why we were even laughing- the joke wasn't even anywhere near funny- but we were rolling around with tears rolling right down our faces. Then someone knocked on the door.

Actually, they didn't really knock on the door, they actually knocked the door down.

Down as in to the floor or off its hinges, or like in this case, through the air.

I know this because I saw it happen with my own eyes. I was down on the first floor with Jayden and we were walking to the kitchen to get some drinks and snacks for everyone. To do that, we had to walk thought eh lobby and therefore, we had to pass by the front door.

That is the exact moment when it was knocked down. And it hit me.

It hit me from the side and sent me flying, also, straight into the wall. Now, I am very fit and don't get hurt or winded easily, but I was both hurt and wonder this time.

Whoever knocked the door down has some serious strength and gusto.
I mean, of course they do! They sent both the door and me flying!

Anyway, of course Jayden came running to my side and of course some men came rushing in. And they had GUNS! Not that it actually really bothers me but, even though I hate to admit it, I really was scared for Jayden. Why were these men bursting into his house? What did he do? It was clearly something bad enough to upset the bad guys. No, more than upset them. It looks as if it infuriated them if they went to the trouble of putting on a huge show and literally bursting the door down!

Really Jayden?

All of a sudden I was mad at Jayden for doing whatever he had done and I pushed him away from me saying a quick and rough "I'm fine."  Then I stood in front of him and in perfect view of the men.

"Why are these lovely gentlemen here Jayden?" I ask with fake sweetness clear in my tone. By this time, they have all stormed in and are all standing in the foyer looking at me in somewhat confused ways.

"What?" I snap at them. "Staring is rude you know!" Then I turn back to Jayden and wait for my answer.

"I- I don't know."

"Yes, you clearly do if you are that scared of them. I know who they are. I just don't know what you have to do with them. So please, someone, enlighten me, because I really don't like being in this position with multiple guns to my head."

I hear footsteps behind me and I look back to see Mackenzie and Lucas creeping down the stairs with guns in their hands. Why do they have guns? And did they have them on themselves all day or dies Jayden have some sort of gun stash somewhere in his house?

"The person or man who is standing in the middle of the group who barged into the house and who I am also assuming is the leader, decides to reply to my question instead of Jayden.

"Tell us how you know who we are and I will tell you why we are here." His voice is kinda attractive but I guess I say that about most mysteriously masked men who come barging into houses. That happens all the time, doesn't it?

I think I forgot to mention before, when they first barged in, that all these men are masked in black balaclavas and are wearing black leather jackets with black pants too. They must really like black.

Butt the thing is, I don't want an answer from him, I want one from Jayden of one of the boys, because I know they have both heard me because they were listening front the top of the stairs for a while. I heard them.

"I wasn't talking to you, Kayden." I say with a smirk in his direction. "I was talking to these three." I look back at the boys who are now all standing behind me.

Lucas decides to try and be smart. "Me and Mackenzie didn't hear your question. And also, aren't you supposed to be a nerd? You are at school."

Ha! "One, I heard you at the top of the stairs and two, there is a whole lot that you, and everybody else don't know about me. So don't ever assume things about someone without finding out personally from them. So? Are you going to answer my question? Wouldn't want to leave our guests waiting, would we?"

I give this Kayden person a quick wink before looking to Lucas for this long awaited answer. I was starting to grow impatient. I am not a very patient person at all.

The answer seems to literally burst out of Mackenzie's mouth before Lucas can even open his to reply.

"They are here because we are in a gang." I roll my eyes. "I am not stupid. I figured that out already. But what gang are you in?"