Chapter 2 (edited):

♥️ Edited by - AshleyHaltom
Thankyou so much for the help editing and volunteering your time and energy to do it. I hope everyone enjoys!

📖 Cover by - mermaidsxmacaroons
The cover is A M A Z I N G ! Thanks for putting in such effort!

C H A P T E R 2 :
Lucas gets out of his chair next to me and, not long after, I see someone else- from another group I assume- occupy the chair next to me. I hear the screeching of a chair that is dragged up to my table. I keep my face stoic and void of emotion as I wonder who my partners are going to be. I wasn't listening at all to whose group the teacher said I was in.

The only part I did pay attention to was where the teacher stated that Lucas would not be in my group. My smile drops as fast as it came when I notice who the people actually are, and I slowly slide further into my seat before letting my head fall onto the table.

"What did I do to deserve this," I ask myself, though the boys definitely heard.

"What's wrong babe? You should be excited that we are in your group. I mean, you get to see this all the time." I look up at the exact moment the boy with shaggy brown hair that covers his sparkly green eyes, who happens to be occupying the newly moved chair, gestured around his face and down his body.

I scoff. "Yeah right. That's what you think. My eyes and I seem to have a different opinion than you seem to possess."

The other guy, who's chocolate brown eyes are covered by wisps of equally as brown hair, smirks with a tilt of his head. "Yes", he agreed, "I'm sure she would much rather my company". He finishes with a look over to his head accompanied by a raise of his eyebrow as if to prove his point.

"I enjoy the company of both of you as much as I would enjoy stepping in dog poop in a park in my favourite and most expensive shoes." I can prove my point just as well. I raise my hand and the teacher looks at me. "Can I please go to the bathroom?" He nods his head and I get out of my seat, walk to the door, and exit the room. The smirk I toss to the boys lingering in the air long after I make my exit.

Walking down the hallway, I am followed by the sounds of students collaborating and sharing ideas, the volume slowly becoming less and less until finally, the door snaps shut behind me with a swift bang and click signalling it's close.

A smile creeps onto my face the further away I get from my classroom and I walk for the side door at the end of the corridor that leads outside. In the cloudy weather, hearing the leaves on the trees brush through the wind and the nearby birds sing their daily tunes I feel at peace. With everyone still in class, it is finally silent other than the simple sounds of nature. I relish it, getting the feeling that this may be the one of the only times today I will have the opportunity to be alone. Completely and utterly peaceful.

I sigh when I realise that if I don't get any of this group task done, no matter how much I may love it, I will have to do more in my own time to make up for slacking and so I get up and make the dreaded journey back to my classroom for the period.

Walking back in the room and re-taking my seat next to the boys, I attempt to catch up on anything I may have missed.

"So, what's the task?" I ask sweetly like I didn't just use the bathroom excuse just so that I could get away from them and out of the classroom. "Can you explain it to me?" They both scoff at me and roll their eyes in their own extravagant ways before looking away and back down at the work. "Well, someone has to tell me otherwise I won't be able to do any of the work." I make sure to talk to them as if I am inferior or afraid of them in some way, just as I always have to my fellow pupils at this school.

It makes me sick to the stomach that I have to act this weak to be able to fly under the radar and stay out of the wandering eyes and noses of others. Nobody should have to act like this in school, keep their distance from everyone, have no friends, be bullied and made to feel like second best- unwanted. It is a feeling that settles like a boulder in the bottom of my stomach. A heavy rock that cannot be dislodged.

Upon hearing their agreement to explain the task to me I listen to their explanation, picking up all the information that I need to know and taking simple notes as I do so to be able to refer to later.

It is a real bummer that the teacher rubbed the board while I was gone, cause usually I'm not very good at listening to what others say. For good or for bad.