Chapter 24 - Part 2:

The door is just shutting when I reach the classroom, telling me that I am not the only one who is late. Hopefully, I can sneak in using my well-hidden ninja skills to dodge the teacher's scornful gaze and reach my inconspicuous seat in the back of the classroom before anybody gets the chance to question either my tardiness, my sudden change in attire, or the reason I am actually trying to avoid any of those questions in the first place.

Pushing the door open slightly, I notice the teacher- Mrs. Hammond- talking to a boy with a schedule in his hand who seems to be transferring to this class, considering that I know who he is and that he is certainly not a new kid. Seeing that the teacher's attention is divided, I sneak past and with my luck, attention is all of the front of the room and nobody really pays attention to the girl doing metaphorical ninja rolls throughout the room. Reaching my seat at the worst possible time, I hear the teacher end the conversation with the boy, telling him to "Take the empty seat at the back since it seems that Maddison is away today."

It seems that she hasn't noticed my appearance yet and that my ninja skills actually seem credible and as good as I had hoped they would be. But, on the other side of things, this will bring the whole classes attention to me. I know there is no way to get out of any sort of confrontation, either with the teacher or with the boy, but I still dread it nonetheless. I count the seconds until he turns around and walks the not-long-enough distance to my table. the distance will never be long enough.

One....

I hear him take his first step as he turns around and smiles at his mate in the back corner oposite to where my seat is located- the seat where he has just been told to sit in.

Two....

He continues walking, not yet looking in the direction of where I am and I am dreading the moment that he does. I am not afraid of him in any way but, I cannot tell if I should be today. Normally I would make myself shy away from everyone and cower under their gazes. But today, I am me. I am not sure if that means I should act like my normal self or not. Maybe I should have just stayed home.

Three....

Four....

Five....

He stops at a girls desk to fish in his pocket and give her a piece of crumpled paper. She giggles as she opens it which leads me to believe that it may be his number or something.

Six....

From now on it is straight sailing for him and he gets closer and closer but still unable to view my inner termoil because of the person sitting in front of me who happens to- thank god- be the tallest person I have ever seen in this school.

Seven....

Eight....

Nine....

Ten....

"Maddy, looks like you really here after all. And whats this?" He tiltis his head and looks at my attire that the desk isnt blocking his view of with a smug smile inching its way onto his annoying-enough-to-punch face. "Looks like oyu are hiding quite a bit under all those costumes and I was right, after all."

At first I am confused as to what he says but then I remember our awkward confrontation in the hallway. I would rather not remember it. By now the teacher is turning from her spot at the front of the room, writing on th white-board todays work to see what the talking is from. She looks confused. "Maddison? Is that you? I appologise, I didn't see you come in."

"Thats fine Miss. I didn't want to interupt."

"Next time you are late, just tell be. I really don't mind since you are usualy always on time, anyways. Ryan, you can come and sit at the desk at the front, it is the only one left unfortunately."

He does as she says but not before giving me a look promising bad things to come and that makes my decision. I will be myself today and for the first time in forever I will show my true self to this school, no matter what bad things may come from it. I will be me and from now, nobody can tell me otherwise. Not even that bastard Ryan.

(Just have to put this in, sorry.)

(also really sad that I just noticed you cannot see her face, but oh, well

(also really sad that I just noticed you cannot see her face, but oh, well. I think this one can fulfill my wish to put a meme into this chapter.)

Authors Note:

Thanks so much for anyone who has read this far. I really hope to update soon as it is the holidays for me and most here down-under in Australia with me.

Hope everyone has an amazing Easter!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Read - Vote - Comment - Enjoy

Xx - Charlie, your Author!