Chapter 10:

"We are in their gang but refused to do a heist from the big boss and so, I assume that they are here to give us our punishments or kill us or something."

"That is why you were so flighty at school today hmm?"

That really does explain why they were always at the back of the popular gang today. They were also really quiet and didn't really get involved in any of their teasing like hey usually do. They normally only do it half heartedly anyway though, so I isn't find anything to be at all wrong at the time.

I decide to be completely honest with them and not hide anything. I was getting to know them quite well and don't want to have to create a fake relationship. I hate them. I have had to go through way too many of them in these past years for my liking. It is necessary when I am disguised as a nerd.

You can't just look like a nerd in school, you have to act like one too. And you must also keep up your act outside of school or whenever there is even the very smallest chance that you might see one of the students or even a teacher from the school- even if you won't see anyone but you are going out to a place where you normally go after school or something, and people know you as the nerd.

It gets really tiring and time consuming, not to mention annoying because you have to always change who you are and be careful of every single minute thing you say and every single minute action that you make around these people.

In short, it is fucking stupid.

So then, in that moment, I make one split second decision that could either end up really good or really bad or maybe even both if God is ignoring all of my prayers today, including the ones I said to him earlier too.

A girl can only hope. At least, that is how the saying goes.

"Well, I can tell you that your boss doesn't care and didn't authorise these guys to come here at all. Someone else must have."

They all look at me weirdly. Kayden cannot recognise me because of my wig and contacts so I start to take them out. I get multiple comments of "What are you doing?" And even a "Dint you need them to see?" Coming from Lucas but I still continue to take them out and ignore all the protests.

The gag ads still all crowded inside the empty doorway, looking at me and the boys in slight confusion. Even I am trying to work out why I am doing something as stupid as this.

Then I take my dark brown hair wig off. Kayden recognises me as soon as I take my ombré hair out of its net and let it drop smoothly over my shoulders in almost perfect waves. Considering that it was in a hair net and under a sweaty and itchy wig all day, I would say that it looked pretty damn awesome.

It wasn't until I looked at Kayden and the there intruders from the gang that any of them actually said anything. It was Kayden who said anything first though. And I almost wanted to slap him for it.

"Boss?"

The boys turn back to look at me and I didn't know that they would be as shocked at my transformation as they actually were. They didn't even seem coherent. But Jayden proved me wrong when he spoke and said something actually smart.

"If you are their boss, that means that you are also our boss."

Then Mackenzie picked up on the next half and most shocking part. "That means that you a gang leader- the only female gang leader in the whole of America...."

I look at Lucas and he just stays silent. He looks right back at me and then says something g that I did not expect him to know, or anyone to know for that matter. "Your that street fighter."

I am in front of him and in his face within mere seconds. "How do you know that?" I pretty much growl at him.

"Umm...." he clears his throat. "Because I have been watching her for years and she has the same features as you do. Under her mask, you can see that she had the same eyes as you. And, this is kinda embarrassing, but I did sort of have a crush on her for a while...." He trails off and I am glad that he did because I am in a bad mood now because everyone in the room now knows that I street fight. No person has ever known about my secret night time side job. No body at all. Ever. And now these people all do.

Why me?