Chapter 26 - Part 1:

Readers mini Comp:

First comment on a chosen paragraph (I already have it picked) will get a mention in the next chapter. Try and guess which one it is. No more than four guesses and I will not let anyone know the winner/s until the next chapter is published.

Walking the corridor with them following makes me feel famous. It is almost like I am in the lead and in control and they are my fans, all following behind, rushing to see what I do and if I slow down or hesitate. I wonder if they are disappointed that I don't.

Ryan seems to be eager to reach the back of the school and I can't seem but think about the fact that almost 10 people will be missing their classes at one time and considering the pros and cons of the teachers being too lazy to be bothered to do anything about it. Maybe I should hope that they leave us alone so that I can handle all of it myself.

Taking a look over my shoulder as I round the last corner approaching the double doors which lead out to the ovals, I scan the faces of the people following me. I am almost pleased to see that Lucas, Jayden and Mackenzie have all stayed, hopefully to support me or help me out. But I am not too happy when I notice that among the other faces is Gemma, who it seems most recently I cannot escape.

The double doors open easily with a push of my arms and swing all the way open, hitting the walls as they reach their limits. The noise of their bangs seems somewhat amplified by the silence at the exit of the school. It seems that today is the one day that nobody other than us has skipped class.

For all I know, they could have issued out a warning, already having planned this to happen, or maybe the rumours spread and people were smart enough to get the hint to stay away and not get involved. Smart people. Very smart, unlike the ones with me right now. Well, besides Jay, Lucas and Mack of course. (Mack is the new nickname for Mackenzie, obviously.)

When I step outside the doors and onto the grass approaching the oval, I have to turn around to Ryan. "So, where exactly behind the school? There are plenty of places behind the school...."

He rolls his eyes at me. "Where do you think? Past the oval behind the seats obviously. We can't have the teachers spotting us and getting us in trouble!" He scoffs and takes the lead even though I know the direction perfectly fine to be able to walk it myself.

We walk the distance in silence, the only sounds coming from the grass under our shoes and the irregular breathing of the rest of the group following behind from all of the walking we have been doing. They must tire really easily.

The big seats are hard to see past and it is a perfect place to go if you want to be unnoticed by anyone- teacher or student- so when Ryan originally said we would be going there, I knew he was planning something bad. Nothing I shouldn't be able to handle though, especially with the three boys by my side.

We walk around the corner of the seats and continue until we are half way along the back part of their perimeter. That's when everyone- except Jay, Lucas and Mack- forms a strong standing circle around me with Ryan at the top.

"Well, let's begin shall we?" He announces, filling the almost-silence. His face is taken over with a smile that is clearly too sincere to be real.

Authors Note (please read)

THANKYOU so much for everyone who has commented or pm'd me ideas or cast, covers, etc. really appreciate your involvement in the story. Will be doing a chapter dedicated to all of you in two chapters after this one (not this one or the next, but the one after, if that makes sense?)

I would still love to hear people's cast preferences or ideas for the storyline, ships, ship names, etc.

If you want to be part of the chapter, email (email found on my account and this story's description), comment, or pm me any cast, covers, constructive criticism, storyline suggestions, banners, etc (pretty much anything to do with the story) and I will give you a follow! (If I don't already follow you) 😉

Love you all!
Xx - Charlie, Your Author.

Author of
- Hidden Life,
- Surviving the apocalypse,
and
- A Millie Mystery - Private Investigator.