The Lab

I wanted to relax, but I couldn't keep the tension from rising out of me. Pain was shooting through my limbs with every step I took. My clothes were fringed at the end and smelled like burnt bacon. My skin felt hot, so maybe I was the bacon I smelled. Who knows.

I let out a small whimper before my body buckled from underneath me. I didn't have the strength to get back up again, so I laid there in silent agony. The smaller man alerted the blonde and ran to my side. Their faces were blurry and I felt myself wanting to drift off.

"She's too weak. We have to get her back now before any permanent damage is done. Grab her and let's go," the smaller man gestured towards me as I breathed slowly on the cold concrete.

I was picked up by the larger man, with one hand behind my back and one under my two legs. The situation made me forget to focus on my headache and the pain made its way back to me. I could feel my temples pulsating with my heartbeat.

"Gah!" I screamed. A bruise was left on my leg from before, which the man accidentally grabbed when he lifted me up. I felt a surge of my energy go out of me and into him as my the pain in my leg was heightened. He tripped over his own feet and dropped me as he fell.

"Steve!" the smaller man heard his collapse and scurried to his side. "What happened?"

"Sh-She, she did something to me. It was an accident, but whatever she did, it hurt," the muscular man explained, or Steve explained.

"Well, make sure she's okay. You're strong, you'll be fine. It's her we need to worry about. Just pick her back up and let's get going."

I glanced over at Steve as he attempted to get up. He fell immediately back down. It was as if all his strength from him was...gone.

"What's wrong with you?" the brunette questioned, trying to help Steve off the ground.

"I don't know, Clint. I feel...powerless. She must have weakened me somehow," Steve implied.

"Well if I had know she could do that..." Clint rolled his eyes and raised his wrist. "Stark, we need some help. The girl is down and so is Cap."

Steve regained some strength in his legs and rubbed his muscles. Clint ran over and knelt down next to me.

"Don't worry. Help is on the way. You will be fine, I promise," he reassured me.

They were too nervous to try to move me, so I remained still, trying to relax my muscles enough and relieve the pain.

Before I new it, I was in the back of an ambulance being taken to an enormous tower in the heart of the city. My mind was so fogged and I couldn't get used to the feeling. The nurses stuck a needle in my arm to help the pain, but it all went black.

.............................................................................

I woke up once again, but it was different than last time. Much different. I didn't wake up to a blinding headache or numbness in my legs. I could finally hear myself think and my senses pressumed their normal state.

No one else was in the room except me. I was hooked up to wires, some leading into my arm, and some were connected to tabs stuck to my head. I was surprised there weren't even any nurses in the room when I woke up. The blinds were down and the room was dim. I could see sunlight peeking out from the slabs in the blinds and was curious as to where I was. I raised my hand and waved to the blinds, making them lift ever so slightly. At least I know that part of me still works.