Birthday Surprise.

"Look Nelson... I already told you I didn't want anything" I pouted over the phone. "Oh come on T. You mean to tell me there's NOTHING you want for your 21st?" His baritone voice rang out on the other end. Yes folks, today was in fact my 21st birthday however I really didn't feel like celebrating. I never was the type to get overly turnt and loose they shit on their bday. I mean, what's the point? It's just another year of simply getting older. "Girl you wack! I remember the night of my 21st, I got completely wasted. Ahh memories...now I'm gettin too old for that shit" Prince joked and I rolled my eyes as I got more comfortable underneath the covers of my bed. I was perfectly content with just chilling in bed for my birthday.

"Aw well good for you" my voice was laced with heavy sarcasm while I dug into my bowl of gummy bears, stuffing my mouth with my favorite candy. "Just get yo ass up Troy. I'll be there in an hour to pick you up" Prince spoke, all the playfulness gone. This nigga was serious. "Nigga I AM up" I spoke since technically I was. My head was just nestled comfortably against my pillows. But my eyes were wide and alert. "I meant outta bed smartass... I know you...." Prince said before hanging up and I had to laugh at that. This man was a trip.

After taking a shower and changing, my mind kept wandering. Where was he tryna take me for my birthday? He wouldn't say exactly where. How should I dress? Lawd what if he just takes me back to Paisley again...I rolled my eyes, gigging to myself at the memory. He had been so flipping excited to show me where he lived. Shaking my head, I quickly turn on my radio as I skim through the clothes in my closet. "Alright that was Prince & The NPG with 'The Max.' Now here's my main man Mike Jack with 'I Can't Let Her Get Away..." the radio DJ announced and I squealed. "Ah shit! This is my jaaam!" I yelled before grabbing my hairbrush off my dresser, singing slightly off key to Michael's vocals. Lawd I was such a big fan of his it was ridiculous. The love and admiration I have for this man goes all the way back to when I was 16.

"Yaaasss go Mike! Get it Mike!" I yelled out, bopping my head to the infectious new jack swing beat. It had gotten to the part in the song where Michael starts rapping during the bridge. To be honest, I still had NO clue what the hell Michael was saying during the 'rap' part but he was still spitting mad BARS. It never failed to get me hype AF.
"I can't let, I can't let her get awaaay" I sang the chorus, swaying my hips before slipping on my final choice of an outfit. It was an all black attaire. Black was actually one of my fav colors also.

After blow drying my hair and brushing it out I heard the sound of my front door to my small apartment open, a figure letting themselves slide inside

After blow drying my hair and brushing it out I heard the sound of my front door to my small apartment open, a figure letting themselves slide inside. I didn't even have to guess who it was. The sound of their heels clicking on my floor were a dead giveaway.

"You know, it's quite disrespectful to just up and barge in to someone's home. Where I'm from, people can get cut for that pettiness..." I simply said while applying some foundation on my face and reaching for my black eyeliner. It wasn't long before I heard that deep ass familiar chuckle. "Girl please. You know DAMN well you ain't gonna do shit to me" Hearing him say that caused me to finally turned around, his warm hazel orbs gazing into mine.