He's Not A Monster.

Waking up the following morning was... interesting to say the least. It was quiet at the ranch. Eeriely too quiet. After quickly brushing my teeth, I glanced at my reflection in the bathroom mirror. God I looked a mess. There were visible dark circles around my eyes and my eyes were slightly puffy from crying. My hair literally looked like it had been through a tornado. Sighing, I put it up in a messy bun before quietly making my way down the stairs. The sun shined brightly through the windows of the house however my emotions felt the complete opposite. Once I reached the bottom step, I saw my boyfriend sitting at the table in the kitchen, his head in his hands. "H-Hey" I spoke softly and his head snapped up, chocolate eyes burning into mine. They had also been red and puffy due to crying. Immediately my heart broke over his appearance. I could tell he barely got any type of sleep. The look he wore on his beautiful features was heart wrenching as well. I just wanted to smoother him with love and affection.

 I just wanted to smoother him with love and affection

"Morning Rory" his voice cracked. It was slightly hoarse. Bitting my lip, I quickly made my way over towards where he sat in the chair before slowly straddling his legs, sitting in his lap. Instinctively Michael's arms circled around my waist. His hands were trembling. "Did you sleep alright?" I heard him ask and I shrugged while resting my head in the crook of his neck, inhaling his cinnamon spice scent. "I should be asking you that..."  I spoke and he chuckled a little. "I know, I look a mess right? This is NOT how your man should look huh" I giggled snuggling up against his warm body. I just wanted him to hold me. I knew he had to be breaking inside even though he was trying hard not to show it. "He called...well keeps calling" Michael started and I felt my body tense up. "I know" It was the truth. All night my phone kept ringing and ringing. Even the house phone at Neverland rang a few times as well. That had been a small contribution to our major loss of sleep as well.

"It might be an emergency, Troy. Maybe you should call him-" "Michael no" I cut him off before letting out another shaky sigh. "Prince and I.... we're not on really good terms right now" "Why?" Playing with his hand that now held mine, my eyes were locked on our fingers while I spoke. "He had asked me if I genuinely believed if...." I bit my lip, stopping myself. I could feel the tears clouding my vision again. "If you believed what?" He squeezed my hand in encouragement to continue. "....If I had believed if you were actually innocent" A silence had settled over the kitchen and my heart was rapidly beating against my ribs. "Oh." Was all Michael could say and before I could stop it, the tears trickled down my cheeks.

"I know that you would NEVER harm anyone in anyway especially a c-child" my voice broke with emotion and I tried to wipe my eyes however Michael reached his hand up, wiping my tears with his thumb. "W-Why would h-he even a-ask me t-that?!" I managed to say. "He's just looking out for his friend, Troy. I know you two are really close. He's just trying to protect you that's all. That's probably why he's been trying to call. My only question is how the hell did he get the house number?" Michael joked and I gave a little smile though my tears. "Don't worry baby. Everything will be alright. We'll get through this" he whispered before placing a kiss on my cheek. "I want it to just be you and I today... I've missed you" I whispered seductively, letting my lips linger on the inside of his neck. "Mmm that sounds like a great idea" he left out a low groan before I placed my hands on his face, hungrily attacking his lips.

Michael and I had decided to stay in for the day. We basically had been watching a variety of movies, snuggling and munching on junk food, well more like I  was the one eating everything. Michael kept claiming he didn't have much of an appetite and it was starting to worry me. I knew it was because of all the stress he's been under  from the stupid allegations but it definitely wasn't healthy to just stop eating all together.

Michael was currently crouched down in front of the flat screen TV, his eyebrows scrunched up in adorable intense concentration as he searched through the massive dvd collection for our next movie to watch. Giggling, I walked up behind him, playfully hitting his behind. "You know you wanna choose a Disney movie haha go ahead I'm gonna shower real quick!" I took off upstairs.

While I showered it wasn't long before the sound of my phone ringing could be heard again in the distance. Rolling my eyes I simply continued to finish washing up. Wrapping the white fluffy towel around me, I headed for the guest room to dry off. "I chose Lady And The Tramp!" I heard my boyfriend yell from downstairs and i couldn't help but laugh at his excitement. "Okay! Be down in a few!" I answered with a smile when throwing on a pair of black yoga pants. I had just finished putting on my bra when the sound of my phone rang again. "Gotdamnit leave me alone you midget!" I huffed in annoyance as Michael's words then echoed in my mind. Maybe he was right. Maybe I should just call him back. Picking up my phone, I was just about to answer when the ringing suddenly stopped. Thank you baby Jesus.

Taking a seat on the edge of the bed, I dialed my voicemail box. Apparently he had left a voicemail just now. It couldn't hurt to listen to it. "Hello this is Troooy, leave a message after that annoying ass noise!" Beep!

"... Hey it's me. Listen um I know you've been avoiding me but I really need to talk to you. Actually, I just want to see you again. I miss my best friend so fucking much. I miss her lame corny jokes. I miss her beautiful smile. Please don't shut me out Troy. I didn't mean to upset you with what  I said.... Please find it in your pretty little heart to forgive me? I love you, mama. Goodbye and tell ya boo he has our support."

Listening to his message made an unexpected smile form on my lips. Hands trembling, I let my phone land on the bed as I walked up to look over myself in the mirror in front of the dresser. His voice kept lingering in my mind as the voicemail replayed over and over. He must've meant Tay also when he said "our" support. I could tell he sounded sincere. Except now I slightly felt warmer all over after hearing his message which was extremely odd. Wait. I shouldn't be feeling like this...snap the FUCK outta it Troy! I quietly scolded shaking my head and my eyes traveled down to the bra I wore. It was sexy lace and it didn't help that it was purple too. His favorite color..."Fuck." I  roughly threw on my white sweatshirt, hastily putting my hair up in a high ponytail. "Baby? You coming down?" Michael yelled and I jumped. "Y-Yeah!" Rushing out of the guest room I went back downstairs, that baritone voice still lingering in my mind like a damn virus.

"I love you, Mama...."

Stop! We're JUST best friends, Troy. That's all it'll ever be. That's all you'll ever want it to be. You know damn well he didn't mean it like....like THAT.