TMBGITW

"Hold up...you mean to tell me you brought me out here just to hear a new song? Nigga really?" I sassed while continuing to munch loudly on some skittles. I had tucked my legs underneath the plush velvet seat while Prince sat next to me, messing around with the controls. We were in his studio. "Must you smack on that? Wit yo loud ass" he mumbled. I scoffed playfully. "Listen P this song better be good" "No, you Listen just shut up and tell me what you think of it alright? And don't get that shit on my floor" he pointed towards the large bag of skittles sitting in my lap. "BOY if you don't..." I warned and he chuckled finally pressing play. Immediately a hip hop/r&b beat filled the speakers of the studio.

*I know this is the Mustang mix but imagine this as the original version lol*

I couldn't help but nod my head to the beat. This shit was highkey banging! "Aw damn I gotta dance to THIS shit right here now!" I quickly set my bag of skittles in the swivel chair proceeding to sway my hips and clap my hands. I started doing the milly rock and Prince chuckled, shaking his head. "It ain't all that,T. It still has to be worked on just a bit" SCURR?!

Snapping my head over towards where he still sat, I rolled my eyes. "No! Don't change this! It's perfect just how it is. It's really good, P. It's very funky. Very sensual...and sexy" Once the song finally came to a close a giggle left my lips.
"You just had to add that lil monologue at the end huh?"

"Monologue?" Prince smiled in amusement as I cleared my throat and tried to mimic his voice, making mine purposely lower, pouting dramatically while I spoke.
"Before I break baby, I just gotta let you know
That whatever I do whomever I'm with wherever I go" That familiar deep laugh then tumbled from his plump lips while he watched me mimic him to a T. "Girl shut the hell up" he hit at my thigh, his cheeks slightly reddening. Aww. "Here. Check this out" he suddenly took out a picture, placing it in my lap. Smirking I let my fingertips run over the glossy photo. It was a picture of him. Of course.

Leaning in, I examined the photo more closely, the words escaping my lips before they can be stopped

Leaning in, I examined the photo more closely, the words escaping my lips before they can be stopped. "I know I ain't going crazy but my nigga...is that dandruff in yo hair?" Immediately Prince snatched the picture from my hands and I laughed while he sucked his teeth. "Yo ass stay being petty. It's glitter specs 😑" "Aw who do you think I got that pettiness from? You know I only learn from the best" I joked before letting my eyes glance around the spacious studio.

"So who was the inspiration for this song this time? I assume it gonna be called The Most Beautiful Girl In The World?" I had sat back down in the chair. Grabbing the bag from my hands, Prince nodded, popping a few skittles in his mouth. "She knows who she is..." was all he said threw chews before running a hand through his short locks. I sighed in slight irritation because I knew he was never gonna fully spill. It was probably for Mayte anyway. But why did I feel deep down inside that wasn't the case this time.

"So... Mike's okay with you being here?" I nodded, my body visibly tensing a bit. Michael and I had gotten into an argument a few hours earlier and I had decided to blow off some steam by keeping my best friend company.

Rolling my eyes, I played with my manicured fingers. "Where's Tay at?" I had completely dodged his question and he smirked. "She's out shopping with her mother...they probably using my money too..." he mumbled the last part of his sentence and I laughed quietly as I got up from my chair. Looking around the large studio again, my eyes then focused on my best friend. He had set the skittles bag down on the floor, his butterscotch hands now holding the sides of his face. It was at that moment I realized the tiredness in his features. I knew he had to be exhausted. The photograph then popped into my head. 'Slave' had been written in his cheek.
"How's the Warners situation?" Immediately Prince's head snapped up, a blank look in his slightly darkened hazel orbs. "Fuck them motherfuckas." Ouch.

"This single is gonna be released on my OWN label. I don't need them for shit." I nodded. By now he had stood up as well. A silence had fallen over us while his eyes trailed over me. The hell was he looking at me like that for? "Uh...P-" "He doesn't  deserve you, Troy" he suddenly spoke and my eyes went wide. I KNOW he wasn't talking about...

"I know you ain't talking about Mike right...." "He barely makes time for you anymore especially since he's started that tour" I shut my eyes, no longer wanting to hear the conversation. It was the truth. It seemed like Michael was rarely paying me much attention since the promos for 'HIStory' came and the preparation of the world tour. It would cause us to fight more often as well. Of course I loved Michael with all my heart but I felt really hurt by his actions even though I knew it wasn't intentional. "No woman should ever feel like they're disposable..." Prince softly mumbled and my eyes cut over at him.

"Oh you know I'm right..." he started, taking a few steps toward where I stood. Yeah. But I'll be damned if I'll admit it. "Can we please just drop this already?" My body visibly tensed up once I felt his hands reach out and touch my arms. "You know I'm telling the truth mama" his voice was soft as he chewed on his bottom lip, his eyes watched the goosebumps that had formed on my arms due to his fingers trailing up and down my skin in slow strokes. My breath was caught in my throat and I felt like a deer frozen in headlights. What the hell was going on?!

He then leaned in, the breath of his baritone voice tickling my ear. Shit. "I'm sure I could find you somebody else..." "Prince... stop it" my voice came out in a shaky whisper. I quickly removed myself from his grasp. Why was I feeling like...that. my heart was racing now. Stepping away from him, I quickly started to head back up the stairs but not before grabbing my bag of skittles. I couldn't take the sudden change in the atmosphere between us. It was scaring me."I'm out"

"Troy wait. Wait a minute" he grabbed my wrist, turning me back around. The expression he wore on his features seemed much different now. Like he was in conflict with himself. I huffed in annoyance, visibly growing impatient with his silent antics. I just wanted to leave. "Prince what?!" With his hand still latched tightly onto my wrist, he brought us back down to the swivel chairs. His fingers kept toying around with the silver bracelet around my wrist. There was now a nervousness in his hazel orbs while a shaky sigh left his lips.

The two words that had tumbled from his lips I didn't expect to hear at all. I didn't think he expected to say them either.

"... She's p-pregnant"