'Wedding' Pt Two.

I can't believe I'm actually going to this bullshit...

Adjusting the straps of the cream colored gown I wore, my heels clicked on the floors of the Paisley Park residence, a place that I had become so accustomed to yet hadn't been inside of in years. Apparently the wedding was being held here. He just couldn't have it in an actual church like normal people huh. Today was Valentine's day and I especially was missing Michael more than ever. Of course he had sent me a sweet text earlier this morning that brought a smile to my face but it would never compare to his physical presence. As I glanced at all the variety of faces, I realized that there wasn't a whole lot of people here. I recognized some of the band members of npg and some Puerto Rican people, whom I assumed had to be Mayte's side of the family. I was genuinely surprised at the fact that NONE of the groom's family was in attendance though.

Once the ceremony had started I took a seat towards the back, fiddling absidmindntly with the handles of my white purse. I felt so out of place being there but I tried to not let it show. I watched as Mayte walked graciously down the long aisle, practically walking to the beat of the elegant instrumental that played softly in the background. I think it was called karmasutra or something. It definitely was a Prince creation for sure. I had to admit, she looked really beautiful, makeup done to perfection, her long dark locks flowing down, framing her face just right and her dress was definitely...Well you could definitely tell she wasn't lying when she said that she had designed it herself. It was interesting.

As my eyes scanned over her appearance, I noticed the way the dress highlighted the slight bump she had. I still can't believe she's pregnant now. I wanted to be happy for her but by now my fingers were fiddling at the sides of my gown before the groom finally came into view. My heart dropped to my stomach at the sight of him. He looked absolutely breathtaking. Even better than Mayte.

Once the priest started talking my mind slowly began to wander off. It was getting to the part where they finally say their "I do's" and to be honest, I didn't know if I'd be able to handle that. My heart started racing in my chest and at that moment I wanted so badly to take off running however my behind felt glued to the seat. Once Mayte spoke her teary "I do" the priest than motioned over to Prince. "And do you take Mayte Janelle Garcia as your beloved wife?" Prince's eyes then glanced out over towards the audience as if silently looking for some type of approval. A small smile had played on his lips but it faded once those bright hazel orbs finally connected with mine.

I could tell from his reaction that he was genuinely shocked to see me there. By now I felt visibly sick, the bile threatening to come up my throat any moment. "I-I uh, I do"  His voice came out a bit hoarse as he tried to regain his composure that only I had noticed he had lost over the sight of me. Tears of happiness had trickled down Mayte's face then and he reached out, wiping them away with his thumb. "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride..." The priest spoke and Prince slowly leaned in to peck her lips.

" The priest spoke and Prince slowly leaned in to peck her lips

That kiss...It seemed so generic. So fake... Tears clouding my vision, I quickly got up, excusing myself as I head for the bathrooms, the sounds of everyone's cheers still going on. I knew Prince's eyes had been on me as I made a run for it, gasping for air once I hit the hallway. It felt like the room was spinning as my heels echoed on the floors, heading for the first room I saw instead of the bathrooms. Once I entered, I quickly closed the door behind me, leaning my head back against it for support. I didn't think I'd react this way...

After steadying my frantic breathing I slowly opened my eyes again, getting accustomed to the variety of awards and achievements planted on shelves and walls over the years. I should've known I stumbled into his award room...Reaching down to remove the heels that had been killing my feet, I let my feet sink into the plush beige carpet, walking around almost as if I were in a daze, my thoughts running wild. They're married. She's official Mrs. Nelson now...A title that you should have....I shook the last thought away as my gaze suddenly settled on a picture in a glass frame that sat on the desk. It was a picture of me. Back when I was 15 going on 16.

"How the hell did he get this?" I whispered picking up the picture with trembling hands

"How the hell did he get this?" I whispered picking up the picture with trembling hands. It was taken in early 1990. My cousin had brought me along to the premiere of Graffiti Bridge. Apparently I had been holding one of the saxophones that one of the band members had played. I think her name was Candy something. Question was....How did Prince even own this picture of me....Especially when I didn't even know him yet. Who gave it to him?!  My mind was so caught up with thoughts swirling around that I hadn't realized that the door creaked open, the figure stepping instead.

"I see you saw one of my favorite photographs..."