Chapter One • A Thunderstorm Once Said

Stallion Brown

A thunderstorm once said, joy weathers any storm, happiness rides the waves

A thunderstorm once said, joy weathers any storm, happiness rides the waves. Couldn't tell if it was by fate or nothing at all- but I found myself explaining to a seventeen year old why I was helping shoot up a pizza parlor, lame but reasonable.

"Can you just get me out of your car?" She huffed snatching off her seatbelt and slumping further down. Apparently with all the fleeing of the customers she couldn't find any of her friends to leave with so I offered her a ride home.

"Calm down. We're almost there." I clenched my jaw and glanced over to her glowing skin and then placed my attention back on the road to drive through the storm. "I know we don't know each other well-- but I'll be needing a favor from you."

"What is that?"

"Please don't identify me as a suspect in the robbery. I was just helping out a friend and blindsided to the whole me going inside with him- see I thought I was his watch dog for the night." Slowing down to another red light we watched the blurred traffic light freeze through the water stained glass. The heat in the car warmed us as slow rnb faded through the speakers. I sat my head against the head-rest to glance at her, my lips tucked.

"Why would I do a favor for you? I don't even know you, you're just my neighbor. We aren't friends and you put me in a headlock!" She said senselessly in her defense.

"I apologize, I can't afford to get sent to court or jail. Could we work out a compromise possibly?" I offered, the light turned green and I turned into our neighborhood with a slow of my speed.

"We don't need a compromise, I don't want to agree on anything with you. I just want to go home and get into my bed to cry. Is that alright?" She says with a dull sarcastic tone.

I shook my head no and pulled into her driveway, seeing that nobody was home. "No, it's not okay. Did I do something so horribly that is making you hate me right now? I saved you alot of fear like twos hours ago. Have you ever been robbed?"

"This is aside of the point. Can I just leave-" her voice died down as she froze to check her pockets on herself. "M-my keys. They were at my cousin's house, I gotta call her and tell her." She insist.

"Why don't you wait until tomorrow? It's storming, late, and I'm sure everyone is tired and triggered by tonight's event... I have enough hospitality to let you stay at my house." Lareha took a deep breath and shook her head.

Always a disagreement between us I see. "If my father comes home tomorrow morning and I'm not here he'll flip shit. I can't stay over your house, you're like 21 and you- I just can't. Thanks Stallion, I just can't."

I shifted in my seat and ran off the engine as it became just the rain pattering against my car. I removed the large black mask from my face and tossed it to the back, my curls fell sloppily as I looked in the review mirror fixing it back to my man bun. But my curiosity still rang with pride. "Since you know who I am, tell me more."