Chapter Six • Dangerous Ties • Headstrong Crossover

Disclaimer: You do not have to read Headstrong to read this crossover. It's barely a crossover, it gives more tea than anything. It is a different crossover from the one posted on Headstrong which will be updated soon. Happy New Year wherever you are!

Stallion Brown

"I thought you were working in small business incorporations. The whole private investigator doesn't suit you well— I didn't think this was up your alley." Vahl's weary and obvious voice relayed over the speaker phone. It was turning on two or so and my desk was unorganized with a bunch of incoherent pictures, message threads, emails, and letters.

"I'm trying to juggle both." I say swiping my tongue over my lips and flying my fingers through my dark curls, stressed was an understatement. Vahl called about two hours ago to discuss what the plans were for our daughter Jade's eighteenth birthday tomorrow. The conversation turned from that to a personal level, we sat and talked for hours. It made me reminisce the old days, but I'd never step foot in that era once more.

Vahl yawned. "I'm so sleepy, I think we should both call it a night."

"You're right. I have a question before I let you go..." I trailed off as I drew an x over a large photo of Lareaha's cousin, Amanda.

"Shoot."

"If someone ever got close to you just to seek information for an investigation, and had no intentions of ever having a relationship, would you be hurt?" My voice quavered as I sunk into the cushioned computer chair and spun around a few times— waiting for Vahl to reply.

"I'd definitely be hurt. I'd feel used." She sighs. "What is this for?"

"Nothing. What if the person grew feelings when they weren't supposed to?" I then questioned. This was not working in my favor, but I needed more than just my insight on this.

"Then they have a tough nut to crack when everything dwindles down. Someone may end up hurt in the end." She says.

Exactly what I don't want. What I feared and opposed to have to suffer.

"Goodnight Vahl, I'll see you tomorrow." I say and turn back around to face my phone which laid onto of tons of papers on the desk. She returned the goodnight and my finger pressed the red bubble. The screen went blank and I pierced the balls of my hands into my eyes. I felt the fatigue in them and groaned loud as day, dark as night.

With the urge to sink into another personality, I put my finger over the home button and stared at her contact for the longest time. I stared until I finally hit the message icon and typed.

What are you wearing ;p

The clear with tones of white bubble appeared almost instantly, my anxiousness tore me up as the three circles flew away and she replied.

Why?

I want to see.

I waited for another response.

Why don't you come over so I can show you?

I have a busy day tomorrow. You have school

The woosh noise was joy to my ears as I laid eyes on the prettiest rose I've ever bloomed. She was ontop of her bathroom counter in a pair of black laced panties and bra. I tossed my phone and stood up from the cushion chair to try to keep my composure.

It was like I felt her body calling mine from oceans away, and Zeus was just miles from my conscience.

After taking a moment to calm down, I finally texted back.