Chapter Fourteen • Dirty Manhattan

Stallion Brown

The sun began to rise as I pulled into my driveway. A storm passed over on the way home, so stopping at a motel for a few hours seemed ideal since I abhorred driving in the rain. Lareaha had been passed out ever since we made our way back home. We both knew she had school today, bur for some reason I don't see her going today.

Running the ignition off, I reach to the backseat to grab my leather jacket and hold it over my shoulder.

"Baby girl, we're home." My large hands cupped her baby like cheeks as her eyes gently batted open with the most innocent face either. Flashes raced like lightning through my head of how many nasty things I'd like to do to her innocent face.

"What time is it?" Her eyes drew to mine cautiously as I looked to my phone.

"It's six on the dot. Are you going to school?" I wondered leaning over the steering wheel. Lareaha was serious about school from what I could tell, but today I think she needed a day off and she agreed.

•••

The tv was probably watching me as I gazed on and off at the discovery channel. Lareaha slept on my naked chest, my hand weaving through her silky hair. Her arms wrapped around both sides of my torso, her legs tangled between mine. I feened for her company and pleasure and sometimes I feel she'll slip right out of my hands.

At the graveyard last night where the old oak trees swung low with barriers of misery, and the storms cried a river, I prayed her mind was solely focused on my protecting my needs. I wanted reassurance she did not carefully read the headstone.

The headstone had my first name engraved into it, Christopher. Stallion is my middle name, I was abhorrent about going by Christopher since it is my father's name. These were all lies waiting to be unfolded and I anticipated them to stay folded until my job is over.

The initial plan is to wrap up my investigative case in another month or so and head back to Rhode Island. Now that I've been sidetracked and in a misdemeanor situation, I don't know how difficult it will be to just up and leave without telling Lareaha I'm leaving. I don't want to make her wells overfill with unnecessary water, and I don't want her pain to grow more excessive than it already has. But I can't tend to all of her needs like I want to.

I knew I had to attend a conference call with my boss and a few others on the case around noon. We were to discuss my place on the case and eventually tie a few things up at the headquarters in New York. I was not capable of knowing how long or when I'll be in New York, but it could very well be soon and for awhile. I feared being away from Lareaha too long, I wouldn't want her skeptical about my whereabouts. Our trust is proved to be minimal at this point so would she think I'm cheating while away? I'd pray not.

Interrupted by my thoughts, a pretty glowing facd popped up in mine before she leaned in to kiss me. "You're finally up, I was getting tired of watching Discovery Channel." I mumble innocently.

"I can't believe I skipped school."

"Well you were tired and last night was a pretty long run, sometimes we all just need a break." I say letting the situation off easy as she did also.

"What do you want to do today-"

"I can't do much, I got a meeting. Well, conference call with a few colleagues around noon. Maybe we can have dinner here when I get back?" I ask, her facial expressions depressed.