Chapter Twelve • Macbeth Prophesies

Lareaha Banks

My fingers skimmed through the mail in my hands as I watched the silver rims to his car slow and turn into his drive way. To avoid contact by any means possible, I was walking as fast as I could to the front door, but I assume it just wasn't fast enough.

"Lareaha." His voice sounded off pitch when I anxiously turned around to see him. I craves a face and body so great but a soul so tainted I knew he didn't deserve me or mines. For a good moment we didn't say anything but stare, it was as if the world no longer spun on it's imaginary axis. The tension was really just that thick, it radiated like heat waves even though it's late November.

"What?"

"Can I... can we talk?"

That was the last thing I wanted to do. My conscience was tearing me apart telling me I'd never get any sleep if I didn't. I silently nodded my head and his hand pushed his car door closed. His frame with a steady beat walked across the street and I allowed him inside, something my father told me never to do again. Something I probably shouldn't have let happen again for my sake.

Once locking the door, he joined me in my room and we desired a comfortable spot on my bed. I felt so awkward I didn't even know what to a say, and him staring at me made it even worse because I don't think I can look him in his eyes and not cry.

"I'm sorry you came to Virginia and I wasn't as cooperative or open as you would've liked. I didn't want you to feel awkward because my ex and daughter were there. I didn't want you in that situation, I didn't want to hurt you. But it seems I did, and I apologize." His words were tacky after a view seconds and stuck to my brain visually. I could only imagine his position of all of us being in the same room.

"It's-"

"I'm not done." He said softly. "I think you should know something about me. Something that factors into a monogamous relationship- situation with me. I have a multiple personality disorder, I have a sexual aura that fights over my brain and body to please my high desirable needs. I don't know if you want to know more, but I thought it was fair to tell you. Sometimes my words aren't always from... me. I might say things that lead you on-"

"So you're going to blame this whole ordeal on a disorder?" I scoff, I didn't think he could be this pathetic.

He tightened his plump lips and looked down, his eyelashes spewing with length. "I just don't think we should see each other anymore. We bring each other bad news, and it's not right."

Well if this didn't hurt more than leaving Virginia I don't know what did. "Okay, I understand."

"Lareaha, it's nothing against you, I just don't think it's best for us. We knew this was based off of a sexual tension and it turned into something fun to do." He stated.

"Something fun, I wish you would stop saying that. It wasn't fun, it was sensual. I don't give away my body so a guy can have fun with it? I'm far from sleazy. You're the second man I've given myself to, I'm going to feel more attached. It's not like I do this on a regular basis like you probably have done-"

"Okay! And there's a prime reason, you're 17 and I'm 35! Quit making it seem like I get around, I'm older than you, of course I've had more interactions with females. I don't owe you shit about what I do with anyone else, we aren't dating! This-" he points between myself and him. "Is not a relationship."