Chapter 13

I thought for a moment that Ethan may be visiting again, just like he did when I was the archive room, but he wouldn't break anything. Besides, Ethan being the one in the house didn't explain why Romeo and Juliet was open on a different page.

I hid upstairs in Grayson's room for a few minutes contemplating on what I should do about the intruder. For all I knew, they could be a psychopath. Or worse, a vampire.

Then I remembered, my car was parked outside the house. If it were to be a mortal who broke into Gray's house, they would already know someone was here. If it were to be a vampire, they would've already picked up my scent.

I convinced myself to go downstairs. I picked out the most jagged key on my key chain and placed it between my pointer and middle fingers so that the sharp end was pointed away from me. I slowly slipped down the stairs.

Something else fell.

"Shit," the intruder, who I now assumed was female, whispered. I tightened my grip on the key.

Heart pounding in my chest and sweat running down my face I walked the last few steps to the kitchen and peered inside. I still couldn't see the persons face because they were turned the opposite direction. The intruder wasn't holding any sort of weapon so I decided to charge.

Just as the key was about to strike the mysterious person, they turned around wide eyed.

"Lisa?" I asked shocked.

The woman was shaking and staring down at the key pointed towards her gut. I removed the key from its deadly position and brought my hand down to my side. The eighty year old woman who I had met a few months ago had broken into Grayson's house.

"What are you going here!" I demanded. I wasn't going to let Lisa's age get in the way of my anger. After all, a break in is a break in no matter who it's committed by.

"I didn't know anyone was home." She said.

"My car is parked right in the front of the house. There's no way you could've missed it." Lisa's face flushed red. "What's the real reason you're here?"

I could tell the women was nervous because her hands were shaking uncontrollably. "Why are you here!" I asked on more time.

The women's fear began to grow even more. She whispered, as if what she was about to say was a secret and that someone who wasn't supposed to may hear. "Grayson and Ethan, they told me to keep an eye on you."

I was shocked. "What?" I asked wide eyed and confused. Lisa nodded.

"Nate, Madeline, Ethan and Grayson asked me to keep you safe."

"What do you mean?" I asked cooly, trying to play oblivious.

"It's okay," said Lisa. "You can trust me. I know about everything. That they're vampires, the Vultori, the Shifters from last year."

The woman gently grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the front door. "How?"

"I'll explain later." She brought me out to the front of the house and led me to my car. "Drive me home and I'll tell you everything." The elderly women said hoping into the passengers seat of my car.

"What are you doing?" I asked with a nervous laugh.

"Well I'm getting in your car of course!" She smiled. I promise, you can trust me."

I sighed, and rolled my eyes. I gave up trying to fight the women and just got in my car.

I put the key in the ignition. "Where do you live?" I questioned.