Chapter 16

I threw some snacks into my bag. I didn't take a suitcase knowing I'd probably be moving around a lot. The sun was covered with clouds, like always, giving the illusion that it was still early morning out.

The nearest train station was in Evermary, a very small factory town about an hour and a half to the west. Portland had a train station too, but it would be too crowded and I'd probably look out of place in the bustling city. I decided that before driving to Evermary, I would stop by Lisa and Sean's house since it was along the way.

I got into my car and drove off down Pines Highway. I went over the bridge and looked down towards the harbor while I was up there. I could faintly see Billy's silhouette through the dense fog that settled over the water. He was boarding his boat with five or so men behind him.

I continued to drive off down the highway. I knew I was out of town when no more buildings were in sight. Instead, the sky was lined with tall pine trees jutted out of the earth.

I wasn't quite sure where Lisa and Sean lived, so I turned down the road that I thought was there's. My guess was right, and I was soon parked in front of their house. I smiled at the sight of it.

I jogged up and knocked on the front door. A middle aged women, someone whom I did not recognized, answered. My smile faded.

"Can I help you?" She asked clearly annoyed by my presence.

"Yes are Lisa and Sean home?"

"Who?" The women asked.

"Lisa? Sean? About seventy or eighty years old. They live here."

"No they don't." She said with a scoff. "And I don't appreciate jokes!" The door was slammed in my face. I stepped back and turned to my car. A violent wave of anger washed over me, and I quickly pivoted back in the direction of the door. I pounded on the wood so hard, some of the paint came off on my hand.

"What!" The women screamed flinging the door open for me again.

"Where are Lisa and Sean!" I shouted, stepping my foot into the threshold.

"They don't want any visitors."

I heard a faint voice come from inside the house. "Who's at the door?" The voice asked. It belonged to Lisa. The women at the front door's face flushed red.

"It's Emily!" I yelled pushing myself into the house. The house was tiny, so I found Lisa easily. She was in her bedroom.

"Lisa I-" I was cut off by the sight of Sean laying stiffly in the bed. His worn out face was pale and his normal oxygen tubes were replaced by an entire mask. I almost gasped at the sight.

"Lisa I'm sorry." I said.

She smiled at me. "He'll get better."

"I know." I took at seat next to Lisa.

"Mom that girl is in the house!" The women who was at the front door came into the bedroom. Lisa immediately shushed her, and pointed in the direction of Sean's sleeping form.

"I know that. That girl is sitting right beside me." Lisa said. The women from the front door stiffened. "Cameron, this is Emily. Emily, this is my daughter, Cameron."

I remembered the conversation is had with Lisa just the other day. She had said she had a daughter whom she barely saw.

"It's nice to meet you." I said.

"How do you know my mom?" Cameron asked while folding her arms over her chest.

"I'm close with her sons, your brothers."

The girl's eyes widened. "You're not one of them, are you?" I shook my head.

"Listen I hate to be rude but I came to talk to Lisa." I turned to face her. "It's important." I said. The elderly women nodded her head.

"Cam honey, could you go fix me some lunch please and get your fathers feeding bags out of the freezer?" Cameron turned towards the kitchen. "Ooh and while you're at it, fix Emily some lemonade."

"We don't have any lemonade." Cameron said.

"Well then make some yourself. Your almost fifty for goodness sakes, solve your on problems."

Cameron gave a forced smile and retreated into the kitchen. Once I knew she was out of ear shot, I began to spill it to Lisa.

"I'm leaving." I said.

"To where?" She asked.

"I'm not sure. The book you gave me, it wasn't had some stuff inside of it. A train ticket was one of those things." Lisa pushed her eyebrows together. "There was a message in there too. It was Grayson telling me to leave."

"Then I guess it's a good thing you're going then."

"Yeah I guess. Anyways I just wanted to visit before I had to leave."

Lisa smiled. "I'm sorry about Cameron by the way. She just came back after not seeing her in decades."

"Yeah I remember you telling me something about having a daughter when I came over last time."

"She's still upset about her brothers."

"No it's fine. She doesn't bother me."

"Good. I'll see you when you come back."

I smiled and hugged Lisa. I thought I would cry, but I didn't. Cameron came into the room with a plastic cup full of lemonade.

"Here," she said shoving the plastic cup in my direction. "I put it in a solo cup so you can take it with you."

"Thanks, and I'll be leaving now." I turned around and smiled at Lisa and Sean's still sleeping form. I even smiled at Cameron as she slammed the front door in my face again. I knew it was nothing personal, and that Cameron didn't really mean to act so rude.

I looked back at the small house as I pulled it of the driveway. I could see the faint outline of Cameron watching me from the bedroom window.

I turned back onto the main highway continued out of Pines. I passed Grayson's house slower then any other. It was still empty, deserted, and dark.

"Not for long." I said to myself. "I'm bringing them back."

I pressed the gas again, and sped down the highway towards Evermary.

QOTD: What is your Hogwarts house?