Chapter 33

The moment Grayson laid me down and sent me off to sleep in my own bed was the exact moment Billy walked through the front door. I pretended to be asleep, even though I really had missed him, but I knew he would just say how sorry he was about Nate's death and I didn't need that right now. And neither did Grayson whom was currently hidden in his raven form under my bed.

Tomorrow was the first day of senior year and I was nervous. This meant I was grown up, and in about a month and a half, I'd be eighteen. The thought of me being any older was frightening, especially since Grayson didn't age.

Ten minutes passed and the shuffling coming from downstairs ceased. I nearly drifted into sleep when there was a swoosh, and Grayson was standing in my room in a tight black t-shirt and jeans. He slowly walked over to me, and laid in the bed. Gray's arms enveloped me into his embrace. He smelt of rain and the forest pine.

"I missed this," I whispered snuggling closer into him. "You, me, together. Safe. At home."

Grayson kissed my forehead. "Me too, baby." He stayed quiet for a moment allowing the sounds of the night to penetrate through the windows and then into our ears. "I always want to remember you like this. Glowing, alive...beautiful."

"You won't have to remember me, Gray. We have forever."

"Forever."

"How many kids do you want?" I asked jokingly. Grayson tensed, and I looked up at his face to see what was the matter.

"You alright?" I asked delicately.

"Em, vampires, Old or New, can't have children."

I went dead. I had thought that maybe if I were to become a New Age, I could have children. It was a strange thought that by choosing Grayson my lineage would cease to exist.

"I just thought that perhaps if I were to become a New Age I could have kids." I rambled.

"No." Whispered Grayson in a croaky voice.

"Maybe we could become like Madeline and Nate." He tensed at his creators name. "Help young vampires who have just turned?"

"Maybe." Gray said simply.

I could tell Grayson very obviously didn't want to talk about the child situation. Maybe he had really wanted kids before he changed, and now the reminder that he could never be a biological father was too much to bare.

"Well this convo took a dark turn." I joked. Grayson smiled.

"Senior year, huh? I bet you'll be the top of the class." Complimented Grayson.

I scoffed. "I sure hope so. How many times have you graduated?"

"Twenty maybe? I don't know, and you don't want to know." He joked. I smiled.

Grayson leaned down to kiss me and I leaned up to meet his touch. Our lips had just barley touched when my phone buzzed.

"Let me check that," I said. Grayson huffed in annoyance.

I reached over to my phone and turned it on. Margot had texted me asking if I wanted a ride to school tomorrow. I replied with a kind no. She asked if she had just woken me up. I lied, and responded with a yes.

"It's Margot asking if I want to ride to school tomorrow. I told her I didn't need one."

"Oh because I'm driving you to school?" Asked Grayson with a smirk.

"Yeah I was hoping so."

Gray pulled the covers tightly around me so that I was bundled up and warm. "Get some sleep," he said. "I'll see you in the morning."

I nodded my head and drifted off to sleep, dreaming of Grayson.

My last conscious thought was of the gentle rain streaming down the window and how perfectly Grayson looked in the pale moonlight.

One more chapter left then we're onto book number 3, Bloody Skies!!!

QOTD: Now the ultimate question, was Bloody Ties or Bloody Lies a better book?

50+ Votes for the Epilogue Chapter!