Reunited

"Welcome home, Míril Fëanoriel

"Welcome home, Míril Fëanoriel."

At the sound of Lord Ulmo's voice, Míril felt her heart skip a beat. She looked out from the small boat that bore her, Elrohir, Elladan, and Glorfindel across the Sea to the Uttermost West. There was an island before them and a great white tower rose from its midst. The night sky was speckled with an innumerable amount of stars, all bright and clear in the heavens.

Slowly the boat drew near to the island. Lamps of gold and silver and blue hung along its edges, lining the white marble docks. Míril watched in awe as Glorfindel guided the boat to the closest pier. She was completely dumbstruck at the beauty around her and she had yet to set foot in the Blessed Realm.

"Welcome to the havens of Avallónë," Glorfindel smiled softly, as if recalling earlier years with fondness. "We will stop here, for here is likely where you will live."

They came close to the pier and a youthful elf on the dock smiled, bowing to them. He took hold of a rope and brought the boat in close, clasping it with the rope to hold it steady.

Glorfindel stepped out and put a board down for the other three. Míril was so busy taking in the beautiful lamps and stone surroundings, she missed the people waiting for them.

"Mother!" cried Elrohir, sounding more like a lost child than Míril could ever remember.

He and his brother ran forward and grabbed their mother in a hug. Míril smiled sadly, remembering her father at that moment. She wondered where he was. Clinging to Maglor's harp bag, she watched the scene before her.

Celebrían was weeping in happiness as she kissed her boys. Her silver-golden hair fell about her shoulders as she wept. Elrond, standing beside her, smiled. He looked happier than he had since Míril had known him. Galadriel and Celeborn were there also. Míril felt somewhat saddened, and Galadriel seemed to notice.

"Welcome to Tol Eressëa, Míril Fëanoriel," she smiled, walking forward and taking the woman's hand in hers to guide her to the group. "There are many that wish to meet you."

Míril looked confused. "Who, my lady?"

She chuckled. "Your deeds have not gone unnoticed, not since the Silmaril was returned."

Elrohir, turning towards Míril with tears in his eyes, took her hand and guided her towards Celebrían.

"Mother, this is Míril, my wife." He smiled widely.

Míril bowed deeply to the elf maid. "Lady Celebrían."

The woman laughed and pulled Míril into a hug. "Nonsense. I am your mother, too, now."

As Míril pulled away, she caught sight of someone else, lurking in the shadows of the pier. She opened her mouth in surprise and then smiled.

"Maglor!"

She ran forward as Galadriel chuckled at her reaction. Míril embraced her distant uncle and he stiffened but eventually let a small smile form on his face.

"I kept your lyre safe," she smiled, pulling back from him. "I brought it for you."

Maglor smiled down at her. "Keep it."

She teared up but nodded happily. By now the others had joined them, and together they stood side by side on the docks. Other elves, mostly silver haired, wandered around, speaking to one another. They took little notice of the newcomers or their reunion. Elrohir took Miril's hand in his. They listened to Galadriel and Celeborn. Míril suddenly realized that both wore crowns of silver. She supposed they were royalty, even more so here than to the Silvan elves of Middle Earth.

"Come, we have a house set up for each of you, next to one another," Celeborn told them as he led the way into the city. "You shall live in the upper circle alongside the rest of us."

They wandered together up the beautiful city streets. The lamplight and starlight created dancing shadows along the way, casting darkness on the white marble beneath their feet. Míril heard the tinkling of fountains and the harping that sounded like falling water and silver moonlight wrapped together. Little bells tinkled joyfully as the slight breeze blew about the city. Míril was enamored of the entire experience.

They passed four gates, each of silver and white. Ever closer came the great Tower of Tol Eressëa, standing like a pillar of safety far above them.

"I wish Aragorn could see this," she said with a twinge of sadness.

Galadriel smiled. "Perhaps there are even greater things for men when they die. Not even the Valar know this."

She took comfort in that fact. Aragorn might never see the Blessed Realm, but perhaps he would get something better. Perhaps her father and brother were experiencing that joy right now!

"There is one last surprise for you," Galadriel said as they stopped in front of a white stone building that was to be her and Elrohir's house. "One that surpasses all others, I would guess."

Míril was confused, as were the twins. But the daughter of Finarfin merely smiled and gestured for everyone to go inside the house. They did so, Glorfindel, Celebrían, and Elrond leading the way. Míril heard voices inside. She stopped dead in her tracks, all color drained from her face as she saw the two figures.

"Míril…?"

She felt tears forming in her eyes as the man spoke her name in a voice holding the same emotion she now was experiencing. She felt her heart tremble and her breath shake as she took a tiny step forward.

Her voice cracked as she responded to the tall, dark haired man. "Eldir?"

The man smiled and nodded, tears in his own eyes as well. Míril ran forward at the nod of his head and jumped into his arms, grabbing her older brother in a hug full of pent up emotion.

Míril was sobbing now, unable to control herself. She fell to her knees and placed her face in her hands. Eldir chuckled slightly and knelt down beside his little sister. He grabbed her and held her close, running his fingers through her hair to comfort her.

"How?" was all she could choke out between heaving sobs.

Eldir smiled. "I chose the life of the Eldar before I perished."

Eventually she laughed and cried at the same time, taking her husband's hand to stand up. Eldir looked Elrohir up and down and nodded his approval.

Elladan grabbed him in a quick hug, glad to see the man again so many years later after his death. Elrohir did the same after comforting his wife. Then they turned to the second newcomer.

"Mithrandir," smiled Míril, exhausted emotionally already.

Stepping forward she embraced the Maia. He looked younger, more powerful than he had in Middle Earth when she had known him. But his eyes were the same. His eyes and his smile.

"It is good we are together again," Míril laughed and cried at the same time. "Life is good."