In Need of Adventure

Many days of peaceful rest followed after that night visiting the hobbits. Fingon and Maglor disappeared that next morning and had been gone since, but Míril especially did not view this as a tragedy. She enjoyed the quiet time with her husband, and occasional days with her brother and his wife. Elladan popped in and out fairly regularly, though he spent the majority of his time with his parents, reclaiming the years they'd spent separated.

And yet, despite all the years of grief and hardship and constant doing, they all found themselves craving some form of adventure. When they told Celebrían this one night as all sat in her sitting room, she laughed lightly and shook her head, sipping a glass of wine she'd gotten from Vana's vineyard.

"You can take heroes out of the quest, but never the quest out of the heroes," she explained moments later. "The three of you will go insane if you remain cooped up on this island."

"What are we to do?" Elladan moaned. "I have explored every inch here."

Elrond rolled his eyes. "Then go explore every inch of Valinor. It will take you many ages to do so and that way we will be rid of you for at least a time."

As they laughed in response to Elrond's muttering, a knock sounded on the door. Elrohir, who sat closest to the door, hopped up and went to open it. Standing before them were two, all too familiar elves.

"Good evening Elrohir!" Fingon grinned widely.

The younger twin raised an eyebrow in surprise. "What are you doing here?"

Maglor rolled his eyes back at the half-elf. "We were invited."

"What's the passcode?" Míril shouted through the door.

Elrohir smirked as the yell came. "I like it. What's the pass code?"

"Elrohir I may not be High King any more, but surely my name has some form of authority." Fingon muttered.

"By all that is good," Celebrían laughed, "let them in Elrohir! I did in fact invite them."

Elrohir stood aside. As the two elves passed him, he smirked at Fingon who merely responded by taking the half-elf's seat. He had to suppress a laugh at the man's expense. Maglor, not caring to involve himself in a petty feud, decided standing suited him well enough.

"You've been absent far too long," Elrond told his foster father. "My children grow restless and who have I to send them to but you?"

Maglor chuckled. "Do not worry any longer, Elrond. That is why we are here."

Elrohir muttered under his breath as he squeezed in between Míril and Elladan on a coach. But the other two looked much more excited at the prospect of an adventure alongside Maglor and Fingon.

Míril's face brightened. "What did you have in mind?"

"You've seen a handful of the Valar." Fingon began speaking slowly, almost teasingly. After a brief pause, he continued on. "Manwë, Varda, Ulmo, Oromë, Nienna, Mandos, Estë, Vairë, Lorien. There are some you have still yet to see."

Maglor interrupted. "Fingon is trying to say that we had an idea for how you can meet the others. To start, Oromë has requested to see you yet again, and his sister Nessa shall be there also."