The Eagle Guard

Míril and Elrohir found themselves given a beautiful room overlooking the clouds. When the clouds moved, Tirion was in sight down below. The room was painted a very pale, grey blue. It created a relaxed atmosphere, and the marble columns at the head of the grand, king sized bed completed the look.

Míril looked out over the horizon. "I never would have imagined this, Elrohir. Not in a million years."

"Truly," her husband said, standing beside her as they overlooked the clouds. "It is miraculous here."

Moments later, a knock sounded on their door. As Elrohir opened it, he found Finrod and Maglor standing there. Míril didn't catch the details of what was said but gathered that everyone was heading to the Feasting Hall for drinks and fellowship.

"Míril, love, would you care to join them?" Elrohir asked her, turning to his wife.

She smiled, still watching the sky. She turned around and nodded. "Indeed!" Míril slipped her feet back into her shoes and they caught up with the others.

The blue rugs on the white marble floor added a warmth to the hallways that was lacking otherwise. As Elrohir, Míril, Finrod, Fingon, Maglor, Elladan, and Amarië made their way to the Feasting Hall of the inn, Míril looked at the hanging tapestries. There was one that caught her eye in particular. It was a tapestry depicting a beautiful woman and a tall, silver haired elf atop a hill and surrounded by trees. Above them were a thousand shining stars.

"What is this one?" Míril asked inquisitively. "It is beautiful!"

"That is a depiction of Lady Melian and Lord Elwë at their first meeting," Maglor told her.

Míril nodded and they turned the corner into the hall. It had immensely high ceilings and many tables. The Feasting Hall was populated by several elves tonight, but one stood out in particular.

"Glorfindel!" Fingon called to him as they caught sight of the golden haired elven warrior.

The elf looked over from where he sat talking with two silver haired elven men. He smiled and raised a hand in greeting. He mentioned something to his companions. They all stood and gestured for the newcomers to join them.

"Greetings, friends," Glorfindel nodded and bowed his head. "May I introduce to Elladan, Elrohir and Míril to my friends, Haldanáro and Carmegil."

"Greetings, Lords," all three said as they bowed before the grand warriors.

"Carmegil," murmured Míril. "That's Sindarin."

He nodded to her. "Yes. I was an elf first of Doriath and then of Mirkwood until the end of the War of the Ring. I was King Oropher's captain."

"Indeed?" Elrohir nodded. "I remember stories of you told in Rivendell and Lothlorien. A great warrior with silver hair."

Carmegil chuckled. "That would be me, yes."

"Míril, Elladan, Elrohir," bowed Haldanáro, "It is an honor to meet the bearers of a Silmaril. Few can accomplish that feat."

"Thank you, lord," Elladan smiled.

Finrod interrupted their pleasantries. "These three men, they are members of the Eagle Guard."