Sixteen: Party's Over

{LOKI}

"Oh, Odin" I whispered as Ashlyn laid in my arms, I checked her pulse but its was moving slow, I looked up at Thor "I need to get her to the-"

He nodded "I will tell mother" he interrupted.

I picked her up and put her arm over my shoulder as I made myh way past everyone who was still in the room, I walked down the hall and to the little room where mother always bandages up the warriors and me and Thor.

I laid down Ashlyn and put a hand to her forehead, she was kind of sweating.. Or maybe that was me.

I looked down at her "God, I should have kept a eye on you" I whispered as the doors opened, to my surprise Odin came in with mother and Thor.

I moved out of the way and Odin looked down at her, I looked at Thor who looked at me kind of worried "Can you tell what's wrong?" I whispered.

Odin turned around "Loki, she has been poisoned. But instead of killing her it's put her into a sleep for now" he said, it's like time had froze around me as I looked down at her body.

I started to laugh hysterically "Poison. Of all the things here that could have hurt her.. It was poison" I whispered and looked at Mother in a daze.

"Loki, I can get the Poison out but it will take a few days" mother said, I sighed and leaned on the counter in the room.

"Do whatever, I just want her safe. "

"Why do you care so much for a midgardian? After all you did try to rule her world" Odin spoke as he put a hand on Ashlyn's forehead, I frowned as I looked at her.

"Your not evil Loki, I don't believe that. Now, Maleri is evil" she told me as she cleaned the table in the cafe, I put down my book and looked up at her.
"Then what do you think I am?" I asked, she paused and looked at me with a smile, she ran her hand over my hair.
"A lost guy. Who is tying to make things right."

I smiled a true smile as I remembered her and me talking as she was closing up the cafe where she worked "I care for her because she is the first.. Person to ever think I'm not as bad as I seem."

Frigga looked at me and smiled "You love her" she said, Thor stood there with a smirk as I rolled my eyes.

"No. I-I don't" I said and blinked before fgrowling lowly and standing up "Someone needs to tell the people the nparty is over" I said.

Mother glared at me because of me changing the conversation but Odin said he would go. I went and sat beside Ashlyn and grabbed her hand in mine playing with her ring, her family crest.

"What's that?"
"What's what?"
I rolled my eyes and grabbed her hand making her fall back on the window seat, she stared at me "Loki!" She shouted but, I just stared at the pink ring.
"Why are you wearing a ring?" I asked.
She sighed "Because I'm married" she said sarcastically then smiled "It was my mothers. She gave it to me before I died saying it was meant for me to have it but I think she just didn't want my step mother getting my familkys crest."
I smiled "It's beautiful" I said and let go of her hand, she just sighed and smiled at me "Thank you Loki."

I held my head in my hands and when I heard someone clear their throat I looked up to see Thor "What do you want?"

He smiled "You care for her?" He said looking at Ashlyn, I sighed "Not this again. Look I'm not going to admit I like her" I said without thinking and when I realized what I said I looked up at Thor.

He smiled and pulled me up by the arm "I think.. We shoiukld talk about something" he said and pulled me out of the room leaving mother to work on Ashlyn, I looked back at them before the door closed.

We walked down the hall and I had my hands behind my back while Thor walked like what Ashlyn would call a gorilla, I had to smile as I remember telling her about Thor and she asking if he was a animal instead of a God.

"Loki are you even paying attention?" I looked at Thor and sighed as I ran a hand through my hair "No. Sorry."

"Your worried. But, mother can be it out of her blood, I know she can. But, when she wakes up are you gonna ask if she wants to stay in Asgard?"

I hadn't thought of that. Should I? Or let her go back to earth?  She wanted to be a forensic scientist and go to a place called Georgia University...

Maybe I should let her go back?