Nineteen: Library

Last thing I remember was sneaking into Loki's room and down to his library, next thing I know I hear real loudly " A dream, all a dream, that ends in nothing, and leaves the sleeper where he lay down, but I wish you to know that you inspired it.”

"Charles. Dickens.. A Tale of Two..  Cities" I said in between yaws as I woke up and heard Loki chuckle, he sat beside me as I sat up and he grabbed the book from my lap and looked at it as he smiled.

"Your reading something by the Brothers Grimm?"

"Hey, don't judge" I said and grabbed it back as he laughed, he looked down at me and grabbed the book back I was about to tell him something that would make my mother roll over in her grave..

But, he took me by surprise and sat so his legs we're on either side of me, my head was against his chest and I could feel his heartbeat under his skin.

He placed the book in my lap and I felt him chuckle "Can I read to you?" I nodded and he opened the book, I placed my hands on my legs as he read to me I started falling asleep again, but he woke me by making his voice louder and laughing when I jumped.

"You are the meanest man alive, Loki" I said.

He just smiled and laid the book to the side "Mean? What makes you say that?" He said as he looked down at me, I looked up at him from a difficult position.

"Hmm, let me think" I said, and pretended to think.

He wrapped his arms around me and sighed "How long have you been down here?"

"Since after practice. I tried to find you but, I didn't see you anywhere so I came here, read a book fell asleep, then you found me."

He grinned "So, not long at all?"

"Nope. I was gonna ask if I could come down here but, couldn't find ya."

"Ashlyn. You don't have to ask me for anything. Plus, you are always welcome down here" he told me, he swung his legs around and we sat on this  bench normally.

He smiled down at me and wiped hair from my face, he rested his hand on my cheek and leaned down to put his forehead on mine "May I?"

"I've never been kissed" I whispered.

He cracked a smile as if trying not laugh "Then, why don't we fix that problem?" He said, he leaned down and closed the space between us.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and stood up on tiptoe as he put his hands around my waist, he pulled back a bit and looked down at me "Ashlyn, Odin said you can stay here for as long as you want. But, if you go back to your world then you have to stay there.

"And I know this isn't going to make your decision any better, but-" he gulped as he looked down at me and held my hands.

"I love you."

I just stared at him "I-I" I stuttered out as I looked at him my heart raced, I let go of his hands "I need to think" I said finally and ran to the door and up the stairs to his room then out the door.