The light that never comes

Note:The name of the chapter is a lyrics from the song 'The light that never comes' by Linkin Park.

Harry stood there in silence, waiting for the curse to come and take his life away once and for all. He feels so empty at the moment staring at his enemy, waiting for death to come. After watching Snape's memory he have felt nothing but numb. After all how often anyone has to walk calmly towards their death.

He watched as Voldemort's lip moved as he pronounced the curse,'AVADA KEDVARA'

The curse hit squarely on his chest sending him flying backward. He landed harshly on his back. After that everything went blank.

.

.

.

. .

After a short while Harry started regain his consciousness. He felt a little dizzy at first but regain his composure. He was lying on the floor. He suddenly remembered what happened. "The killing curse hit me .I should be dead. But why am I not? Where am I anyway?" Harry looked around to know where he was. But he saw nothing but white light.

He stood up from where he was lying. He realized he was he was wearing different cloths from before. Before in the Forest he had a black hoody and blue jeans on. Now he wore a white loose cotton shirt and white pants.

'Is this heaven?', He said out loud.

'Not really', said a grim voice from behind Harry. Harry turned on his hills to see a black hooded figure stood behind him. The figure it was almost ten feet tall and had black clock covering its whole body. It held a scythe in its ghostly pale hand.

'W..who are you?' Harry stammered at it. He wasn't scared of the figure. No, he was more overwhelmed by it then scared. Nothing really scared Harry anymore. After all he just walked toward his death in cold blood.

And not to mention he died. So what else could possibly happen to him.

He might die? Yeah .....right.

'Not who but what' said the hooded figure. 'I am your humble servant. As you are my one and only Master. I am the most powerful being of this universe. I have and always will be. I will never be born and never die.

As I am the Death itself.'

Harry just stood there dumbstruck unable to master any word. So the Death kept on going, 'You, Harry James

Potter are the only wizard who have ever manage to collect the three hallows. For that reason you become the Master of Death.'

'So everything in the book is real?' Harry asked finally able to master his voice.

'More or less. Yes.' Death replied in a same monotone grim like voice.

'So, what now? Why am I here?' Harry asked looking around.

'Now is time for you to decide .' Death replied. 'What you wish to do with your power to control me. You can go back in time, go forward in time, bring people from the dead, resurrect them, even kill them.'

'I don't want to kill anyone. Resurrect maybe but never kill.' Harry said out loud. Suddenly an idea came to him.

"If I can go back in time maybe I can_"

'Death , when you say go back in time _ ' he paused for a brief second then continued '_can I change it as well? I mean can I change the past occurrences?' he asked .

Death took a little time before answering his question, 'Yes, but with a great sacrifice.' 'What kind of sacrifice?' Harry asked Death.

'If you want go back in time when Tom Riddle became Voldemort then you must know that it will require some big sacrifice. In the process you may even lose yourself. The question is are you ready to sacrifice or do anything to stop him?' Death said

Harry thought for a brief second. He realized what Death meant. If he go back in time there is a possibility that he will never meet his friends again. But he has already came to turn with it when he went to the Forest. He realize if he can kill Voldemort in the countless innocent life will be spared. His parents, Sirius, Remus, Dumbledore, Fred, Cedric they will live. So without a second thought he made his decision.

'I will make anything to stop Voldemort.' He said confidently after drawing in a long breath. 'Are you absolutely sure?' Death asked him 'Positive.' Harry replied boldly.

'Very well Harry James Potter, the Master of Death I shall do as you wish. I shall take you back in time when Voldemort was still in school. You shall have all the memories of this time. But to adjust you in that time I shall create a false identity for you and also lend you my power.' By saying this Death stretched its hands.

Harry felt a gush of wind blow. Black feather blew out of nowhere. First it was only a few but soon more feather came rushing toward Harry and engulf into darkness.

Harry screamed as he felt himself falling into dark abyss.