My songs know what you did in the dark

THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE. PLEASE READ IT.

While updating this story I had unwittingly skipped a chapter. It was originally chapter 13 named 'The Dark Messiah'. So please please read from that chapter before you read this one. The story will be much more enjoyable then.

I am EXTREMELY sorry for this mistake!!!!

......................................................................................................................

N.B.- This chapter's title is from 'Light em up' by Fall Out Boys.

In This chapter lot of things will happen so I hope all of you are ready for a bumpy ride. Because the ending will leave you in tears.

Read with your own caution.

At first Harlene didn't know how to act in front of Tom. Even though Death told her about why she was here she just couldn't understand what to do.

"I mean, how do you act in front of someone who have tried to kill you all your life and suddenly out of nowhere he just kissed you?"

She laid in her bed for a long while staring up at the ceiling and thinking about what happened previous night. Every time she thought about the kiss she got more and more confused.

"Why would he out of the blue kiss me like that?"

'Urggghhhh!!! I am so confused!' Harlene whined to herself.

"Oh! Screw it. I'll just ask him why he did it."

With sheer determination Harlene got up from the bed and walked out of the dormitory into the common room. There she saw Tom sitting in his usual place, nose buried deep in a book.

"Ok, let's do this"

She slowly walked toward the couch and sat on it, not sure what to say to him. Harlene stole a glance at him. He had a hand under his chin while the other held the book. Harlene couldn't help but stare at his shaved jawline then to his lips. Lips that felt so great against her own.

"WHAT THE HELL AM I THINKING??!!!!"

'Good morning, Ms. Peverel.'

Harlene was startled out of her thoughts by Tom's voice. She whipped her head to see him giving her a smile. An actual genuine smile. A smile that actually reached his eyes.

'Morning.' Harlene greeted with an awkward smile.

'I didn't see you at the breakfast table.' Tom said after a few awkward silent moments.

'I haven't gone down to have breakfast yet. I am not really hungry.' Harlene said without meeting his eyes. Tom nodded in response.

Silence fell between them again with Tom returning to his book and Harlene fidgeting where she sat. Tom could sense the nervousness emitting from her. He knew this was coming but it stung no less. He decided to just get over with it.

'Ms. Peverel.'

'Riddle.' They both said at the same time. Both stared at each other in surprise.

'You go first'

'You should go first.' Again they said at the same time. Tom sighed and turned toward Harlene completely; he gestured her to speak first.

'Right, I will go first.' Harlene said, but she stayed quite for a while trying to assess what to say to him. 'Last night...you ..um...'