I'm Going To Make You Bend And Break

Note: The name of this chapter is from 'One more night' by Fall Out Boys". 

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Harry Potter.

The next day, when Harlene sat down on the Great Hall for breakfast, she couldn't but notice the grave look on a certain Slytherin. Tom was sitting on his usual place on the Slytherin table with his underlings. He seemed to have a very angry look on his face.

'Riddle seems to have a very bad mood today.' Catalina said to Harlene, seeing she was looking at him.

'Hmm. Wonder why?' Harlene averted her eyes from him, trying to sound nonchalant about it. But she very well knew why he was like this.

'Maybe it is his time of the month.' Catalina said, while adding butter on her bread.

Harlene was about to put a piece of egg on her mouth but she stopped in mid­air,

'Huh? "His time of the month"? What is he a werewolf or something?' Harlene asked her eyes wide with surprise.

'No, I meant as menstrual cycle.' Catalina said with a matter of fact tone.

Harlene chocked on her saliva. She had burst out laughing on that.

'Menstrual....hahahah..ahaha.' She was laughing so hard that several heads on their table turned towards her in curiosity.

'Ahaha....good one, Cat.' She said after calming down

Catalina just smiled a bit. Her face had turned a bit pink on the complement. She was shy.

.

Tom noticed her laughter from the other side of the table. At that moment he was having various kind of feeling. He felt angry that she was laughing after she had insulted him. No one could get away after insulting him. He felt surprised. That was the first in three weeks he saw her laughing. Her laugh had a very pleasant sound like birds chime. He felt irritated that she was so close with that McMillan girl, while he didn't know anything about her at all. Wait why was he irritated about that?

'The Peverell girl seems to be very close with the McMillan.' Abaraxus said from beside him.

Tom didn't reply anything. He was irritated enough already, he didn't need someone else to make the irritation grow. Suddenly a thought came into his mind.

Hmmm....maybe then I will be able to know her secrets and ease mind. So I can concentrate on other matters.

'Malfoy, I have job for you.' Tom said to the blond aristocrat beside him.

................................................................................................................................

Harlene and Catalina were coming out of the potions class after it had ended. Harlene was a bit exhausted. Turned out she had managed to catch Slughorns eyes even in this era. He was extremely impressed how she had managed to make the perfect Draught of Living Dead.

At first he had thought that Tom had helped her in making the potion. But later Tom had confirmed that she did all the work on her own. And now he wanted her to join the 'Slug Club'

"Ugh...not again."

'You are very lucky you know that.' Catalina said in her dreamy 'Luna Lovegood' voice.

'Really? I don't feel lucky. What makes you that I am?' Harlene made a face.

'You have become a part of Professor Slughorn's favorite students. He usually prefers the students with high blood status like Malfoy or brilliant students like Riddle.'