One way or another

Note: The tittle of this chapter is from the song 'One Way or Another' by Blondie from 1979 version of the song. Not the One Direction version, because I thought that version of the song will fit the chapter more accurately.

Disclaimer: I don't own anything other than the plot of the story notthe character.

It has been three weeks since Harlene had the incident with the faux snake. In these past three weeks she had tried her hardest to avoid any close encounter with a certain handsome devil. It was a very hard thing to do based on the fact that they were both seventh years and from the same house, but Harlene managed to do it anyway.

After that night, Harlene fell upon the familiar spot light, and became the center of everyone's gossip. Some of the Slytherins even tried to befriend her thinking she was some kind of powerful Dark Witch.

Second year all over again. Except there Harry was ignored, and now I am approached by these idiots. Ugh!

Only Catalina didn't say much about what happened. She only said, 'It is very nice that you can talk with snakes. I wish I could talk with animals too.'

Totally Luna Lovegood. Hmm.... Luna Lovegood in 1944.

What bothered Harlene the most was the constant gaze of Tom Riddle. Because she avoided any interaction with him, he couldn't even see her outside of their classes. So in every class he stares at her like his life depend on it. Whenever he stared at her he always had this thoughtful look on his face.

In this three weeks Tom had tried to approach her to talk but every time he came within a hundred meters she would just find the nearest exit and run away.

"How long will you run, Ms. Peverell? None of us is going anywhere. Not so soon."

...................................................................................................................................................

After a long tiring day of classes Harlene fell asleep on her bed almost immediately, but she didn't have a sound sleep. She kept dreaming about Harry's time at the war where every second had been spent looking behind his shoulder to make sure no one had caught up to them. No Deatheater had killed anymore of his loved one.

After that she would dream about the time when Harry was standing in front of Voldemort to die. That was the worst dream of all. She was having the same dream today, as well.

Voldemort had raised his wand. His head was still tilted to one side, like a curious child, wondering what would happen if he proceeded. Harry looked back into the red eyes, and wanted it to happen now,quickly, while he could still stand, before he lost control, before fear betrayed himHe saw the mouth move and a flash of green light coming at him from his wand­

"Noooo!" Harlene shot up on from her bed, screaming her lungs out. She was panting heavily. Her night shirt was drenched with sweat. And she felt herself calm down with every second that flew by.

Every night it was the same. Nothing changed, not a single thing. But what was odd that whenever she had this dream, she always watched it from a third person's point of view. The feeling she had at that time was the same as Harry's, but she always watched it from the sidelines. As if she was watching Harry's memories in the Pensive. Weird.

Knowing she wouldn't be able sleep anymore, Harlene decided to go for a walk to clear her mind. Getting up from her bed, she looked through the glass window beside her bed. She noticed that the sky was still dark, with the sun still not raised. She checked her watch and saw that it was 4'o clock in the morning. The curfew hadn't ended yet. Still, she got dressed and went out of the common room without making any noise.