Oh, why?

The name of this chapter is from Rascal Flatts' "Why". This chapter will set motion to lot of events. A lot questions will be asked here and some of them will be answered. So enjoy.

Tom watched as Harlene slept on the hospital bed. They had arrived at Hogwarts few hours ago, He had brought Harlene to the infirmary straight away. The medi-witch madam Winfred said that she was unconscious because of magical exhaustion. Apparently she had used too much of her raw energy, which caused her to have physical exhaustion. That was why she was in magically induced coma so that her magic could heal.

'She looks so peaceful.'

Tom thought as he stared at her. He had been with her since they had arrived, he just couldn't find it in him to leave her. Unconsciously he brushed his fingers on her cheek and frowned, he couldn't understand what it was at first but then suddenly he realized why her body seemed a little blurry to him. It was not happening constantly but once in a while it would vibrate, like it was changing.

'What? Why does she have-'

He never noticed it before, well it was obvious as she had never been magically exhausted to not kept this up. Not to mention he had not seen her very closely, if he had he would have found it out sooner.

'Why, Ms. Peverell? Why do have the need to hide? No to mention like this. What are you hiding?

Tom looked at her with concern. He couldn't understand the reason, but he knew that if she didn't tell him herself he couldn't make her. So he decided not to say anything to her about this matter.

...........................................................................................................................

Dumbledore sat in his office, engrossed in his thoughts. He had arrived at Hogwarts an hour or so after Tom arrived with Harlene, since than he had locked himself inside his office.

Thinking over and over about what he had learned today. He was shocked would be an understatement, he was dumbstruck. He didn't know what to think of this matter. He got up from his chair and walked toward a shelf nearby, which he tapped with his wand. The shelf split into half revealing a stone basin, the pensive.

He tapped his forehead with the wand and pulled out the silvery thread of the memory, and dropped it into the swirling liquid of the pensive. Immediately the memory became visible inside the pensive.

As soon as the memory became visible Dumbledore dived into the swirling liquid and found himself in the room that he came from an hour ago, in front of him was a very younger looking Grindelwald and himself. He watched as they talked with each other.

'It has been a while, hasn't it Albus?' Grindelwald said with the same maniacal smile, he had his arms crossed on his chest.

'Yes, it has.' Dumbledore said sadly. He didn't want to meet with Grindelwald, afraid of what he might found out.

'Why the long face, Albus? You have your student back. Don't you? You should celebrate.' Grindelwald said, mocking Dumbledore. 'After all you have such a powerful witch under your influence. You must be so proud.'

'What do you mean?' Dumbledore asked him, frowning at him.

'Ms. Peverell is quite the creature I must say. But don't worry I have no interest in an early death so I shall not associate myself with her anymore.' Grindelwald said with a matter of fact tone.

When he saw Dumbledore's perplexed expression he rolled his eyes and said, 'Don't look so confused Albus. You must have known that she is a powerful witch, right?'