Dance with the Devil

Note: The name of this chapter is from the song "Dance with the devil" by Breaking Benjamin. This chapter is beta'd. So enjoy. :)

December brought the first Hogsmeade trip. The road to the little magical village was covered in a thick layer of snow. Everywhere, from the roof tops to the roads, it was covered in a thick blanket of snow.

Harlene made her way through the snow into the village. For once in her life she was actually having the time of her life. She roamed around the village without anyone noticing her, pointing at her or whispering behind her back. It felt like a new day to her.

Harlene watched as students walked passed her giggling and laughing by themselves. Suddenly she felt so lonely; her friends weren't here to laugh with her, to talk with her, to ...comfort her. In all those seven years they had been together, Harlene never felt so lonely like she felt now. Yes, there were moments in the Dursley's that she felt alone, but she never had to go through any adventure alone. They were always beside her.

But now she was in a time and place where she couldn't contact them no matter how much she wished to do it.

Sighing heavily Harlene started walking towards the Three Broomsticks in order to get a glass of Butterbear. The Three Broomsticks was the same as Harlene remembered; the only difference was the owner. In the future, the pub was run by Madam Rosemerta and now it was run by her father Robertson Rosemerta.

Harlene sat on the farthest corner beside the window of the pub with a glass of Butterbear in front of her. She looked outside of the window and remembered what was happening for the last few months.

Her life had always been odd, never normal, but past occurrences had turned her life upside down. One moment she was standing in front of the older Dark Lord as anenemy and the next she had the mini­Dark Lord as her ally. What was happening in her world?

.

After spending a while in the bookstore of Hogsmeade, Tom walked into the Three Broomsticks for a drink. He looked around for an empty table, only to find the whole place crowded. He was about to leave when he saw an empty table at the corner of the pub with only one occupant. He couldn't look away from her as she looked outside of the window with her head rested on her hand, her eyes had a faraway look, her long black hair was tied into a simple braid which rested on top of her chest, her glass of butterbear left untouched in front of her.

Tom pulled himself out of his dazed states, as he realized that he was staring at her for a while.

"What the hell am I doing? She is only just a pawn in my game."

Harlene was staring out of the window when someone cleared his voice. She looked up to find none other than the person who was occupying her thoughts, she blushed slightly for that.

"Mind if I join you? Everywhere else is full." Tom told her with a smirk on his lips. Harlene shook her head. Tom pulled the chair opposite of her and sat down; he ordered a glass of butterbear.

For a while they sat in a comfortable silence and sipped their drink, then Tom broke the silence.

"You seemed to be lost in thought, mind if I ask what you are thinking." Tom told her in a curious voice. Harlene considered his question for a moment and then decided to answer him with a partial truth.

"I was just thinking that a few months ago I was targeted by one Dark Lord and now look at me, sipping butterbear with another one. How did my life change?" She told him playfully.