Chapter Six: Back In The Game

"No, not happening." Chibs gruffed as Clay sat back in his chair and sighed. Chibs knew that there were other ways than using his daughter as bait.

"Chibs, she is good." Jax said, earning an annoyed glare from Chibs. He didn't want his daughter in club business, and sure as hell didn't want her in a situation where she would get hurt.

"Jax, enough." Clay protested as he stood to his feet. "Bring her in, let's see what she says." Clay said motioning for Jax to get her. Jax stood and walked out of the chapel, avoiding Chibs's gaze the entire time. He knew that Chibs was upset about their hookup, but Jax knew he would never hurt Paige in any form.

He loved her, and she was finally back in life, so fucking up was not on his to-do list. He walked out, smiling as he saw Paige playing with Xavier, his brow furrowing as he got a smirk from his mother.

He was a grown man, and shouldn't have to get the side eye from his mother every time he had sex. He motioned for Paige to follow him, a smirk on his face as he remembered having her in his bed, a memory that he knew would keep him warm on nights he needed it.

"What's up?" Paige asked as she entered the chapel, avoiding her father's gaze at all costs. She jumped as Tigs cleared his throat, motioning for her to put her hair over her neck, a hickey no doubt in clear view.

"How good are you at distraction?" Clay asked bluntly, Paige confused by the question. She crossed her arms over her chest and leaned on the door, feeling the guy's eyes on her all at once.

"We need you to distract one of the Mayans long enough so we can take care of him, and maybe get his wallet." Clay said, a smirk going over Paige's face as she finally understood what they were talking about

"I can do that—but how much of a distraction? Do I need to lure him to another location?" Paige asked, feeling like her old self was coming back. It shocked all of them how calm she was about the situation, since any other woman would be shaking.

"No. Paige you are not doing this" Chibs protested as he stood to his feet. Paige sighed and crossed the room over to him, knowing that he had every right to be scared. This was her world and they needed her.

"Dad, I can do this. This was my job and I can do it. I know how to protect myself and besides you guys would never let me get hurt." She assured him, hoping he would just see her as the grown woman.

"Are you sure, love? The Mayans are dangerous and will not hesitate— "

"Dad." Paige said resting her hands on her father's face. "I can do this—I have been around more dangerous men than them." She said with confidence.

"Then its agreed, Paige go get ready, Jax will give the info to where to be. We need to show up before her so they don't know she is with us." Clay said as Paige walked out, a sense of excitement going over her as she thought about what to wear and how to act.

Paige walked into her room, her hands going for her suitcase as she knew exactly what to wear. The Mayans to her were just a group of men and all men thought the same. When a woman was around them, all their thoughts came from one head and it sure as hell wasn't the one on their shoulders.

"You sure about this baby?" Jax asked as he placed his hand on her hips, wishing he could just have one more quickie before leaving. He knew that he just couldn't get enough of her, and in truth he didn't want to.

"Jax—I will be fine. You might need to remember though that when I do this—it's just a job okay. I am yours." She said resting her hand on his cheek, smirking as he turned his face to kiss her palm.