Chapter Eleven:Part II

"Who is this guy?" Jax whispered as they watched a short and quiet man set up four computers and monitors in the middle of the club. The guy hadn't said a single word except to Carmen, his hoodie pulled over his head making him nearly disappear in the fabric. Jax knew he wasn't a threat, but he still made everyone uncomfortable.

"His name is Unknown, even to me, we used to call him robot." Carmen said as she crossed her arms over her chest, her body still shaking as she was scared for her life. Jax knew that if this wasn't played out right, Carmen was done for and Mr. Mayhem would not be pretty.

"Are you going back to the police station?" The guy asked, making everyone turn and face him. He was addressing Unser, a small flash drive in his hand as he walked towards him.

"Yeah? Why?" Unser asked, just as guarded as the SONS around this guy.

"I need you to take this to the station and insert it into any computer, not your own. If you have someone on your shit list, now is the time to take revenge." The guy said in a very calm tone, his voice robotic with no emotion.

"Alright, be back."

"No—don't come back here, at least not until it's over. You don't need a reason for this to come back to you." He said again as he sat down in front of the monitors, a large keyboard in front of him and his eyes focused on his task. "Go, and once it's done—send a message to one of these guys. Make sure it its coded." He finished as he pulled up systems in the computers.

"Jax, come on—let's have a smoke." Chib's suggested as he tugged on his jacket. Jax followed him outside, the air cool and the sun high as they sat on the bench. Jax's mind and heart were heavy as he lit the smoke, his thoughts turning to Xavier who was already asking where his mommy was.

"I hope this works bro, I can't deal with this shit." He confessed as he took a long drag, the smoke filling his lungs and easing his mind slightly.

"What did you mean yesterday? When ye said that you and Paige had no future?" He asked, concern in his voice as now he was being the father and not the friend.

"She lied to me man, she lied so convincingly and with no regards to us or the family. I just feel like—what we went through and everything we build was nothing to her. The smile she had in those pictures—it made me sick." He said as he threw the butt down on the concrete, his arms resting on his legs as his fingers twirled the SONS rings on his hand.

"Ye both made mistakes—but why throw it all away? Do ya love her?" Chib's asked, his voice stern as he wanted Jax to think about all he was doing.

"I made a mistake, I paid for it and nearly lost Paige—but I thought that after all that—after nearly losing her life, she would want to walk away from that life. Why would she risk everything to go back? She might not come out Chib's and then what?" Jax said as his lip started to quiver and his eyes welled up with tears.

"So ye think that pushing her away will be best? Paige loves ya kid, and you love her so why throw it away? She is carryin your child, and you want to leave her?" He asked as he stood up, anger now in his voice as Jax had hit a nerve.

"I hear you brother—but what kind of life is it if I cannot trust her. She lied to me and had every chance to confess. I told her I fucked up and I begged for forgiveness—she was going to take it to the grave!" He yelled as he turned and walked away, his phone vibrating a few moments later in his pocket.

"Hello?"

"An inmate from the Los Angeles County jail is attempting to call you, will you accept." The robot voice said, making Jax's stomach churn and anger rise inside him.