Chapter Fifteen:Mending Hearts

Hey guys SOOOOO sorry it took almost two months for me to update this! I really hope you guys haven't abandoned this story! Thanks so much for the support with no only this one but with my other SOA stories as well! I have many more to come!

"I want two guys by the door at all times. Jimmy is here and I am not letting him get near my father, that crazy bitch is one too much." Paige said as they stood outside, Fiona leaving fast in a black SUV with two other men.

Paige looked at her phone, the time letting her know that she needed to get to Doctor or else she would have to wait another week. "I gotta get to my appointment but, I will be back later to check on him." She finished as she took the keys from Gemma, Jax taking them in his hand as he walked around to the car. Paige looked over at Juice, his eyes on her as she could hear his thoughts so clearly. She knew they needed to talk, but she wasn't ready, nor did she have the time.

"What's the appointment for?" Jax asked as he started the car, his demeanor calm as they pulled away from the hospital.

"Normal checkup, my blood pressure was high last time, so the Dr. was concerned." Paige explained as she rested her hands on her lap. She knew that she was at risk for preterm labor, since she had been dealing with higher levels of stress.

She had tried to relax, but each time she tried it was like something worse came along. "Jax? I need to know why." Paige said bluntly as they stopped at a light. Jax looked at her with a confused look on his face, Paige smirking as she pushing his shoulder. "Why her? Why not me? Why couldn't you come home to me?" Paige asked referring to his one night stand.

"Why does it matter?" He asked, annoyance in his tone as he looked forward, the conversation awkward but one that needed to happen.

"You asked me about Juice, and I told you the truth. I slept with him because I was lonely and I needed to feel wanted again. It's not easy going day to day knowing you are only second best." Paige said as Jax turned into the office parking lot, his hand slamming the car into park.

"What? Second best? What the fuck are you talkin about?" He said as he turned his body towards hers, his face no longer calm as his eyes connected with hers.

"Oh come on Jax, I was always the second choice in any situation. You couldn't have Tara so you chose me, when another option is there I am always shoved aside." Paige said as she went to exit the car, Jax reaching over and pulling it shut.

"You were the only choice Paige, but what the hell is a guy like me going to give a woman like you? I pushed you away because you, deserve so much better than me!" He admitted finally, his words spewing past his lips and out control, as his mind remain calm for the first time in months.

Paige sat there, his words finally making her speechless for the first time in her life. She didn't know what to say, or even how to say it. She finally smiled and stepped from the car, Jax following her into the office which was filled with pregnant women and a few small babies.

"All the women in here are checking you out Jax." Paige whispered, making Jax smirk and look over at her. He leaned in and kissed her lips, feeling the tension grow as most of the woman were now filled with envy.

"I don't care, my eyes are only for you darlin."

                                                                                              ***

"What is wrong? Paige asked as they sat in the room and waited for the doctor, Jax looking up at all the detailed posters of the female anatomy. She couldn't help but laugh as she saw the confused and slightly frightened look on his face.