Chapter Eleven:The Truth Comes To Light

GIF MADE BY ME!

 Just wanted to take some time and thank those who have stuck with this story! Its not a fluffy happy story all the time and I want to thank you for sticking around and for the feedback!!

"Jackie boy? Ye Alright?" Chibs asked as he sat down next to Jax on the bench, the air starting to turn cooler as winter was no doubt just a few weeks away. He knew that something was on his mind, since he hadn't been present in days.

"There is something goin on with Paige, brother. She is going out of town a lot and I know because the mileage on her truck goes up every day. She is late almost every day to dinner and to get home." He said, his lip quivering as he thought the worse.

"What do ya think is goin on?" Chibs asked, his concern great for not only his daughter, but his now son-in-law. Jax had always held a special place in his heart, and Chibs would be damned if he didn't help him.

"I don't know, but she seemed so distracted. Could it be another man?" Jax asked, his body cringing at the thought of another man touching Paige. In his heart, he knew that wasn't happening, but that small shed of fear had crept into his mind and making him crazy.

"JUICE!" Chibs yelled over his shoulder, Juice running from the shop at the call of his name. If anyone could get surveillance without being caught it was him. Juice was a tech wiz and could work a camera which is what they needed.

"What's up?" He asked as she wiped his hands of the grease that had invaded them. Chibs motioned for them to take a walk, the ears around this clubhouse tainted. Jax looked around, the urge to keep this secret top priority.

"We got a job for ya Juicy." Chibs said in a hushed tone.

"What?" He asked, a small smirk on his face as he loved being included.

"I need you to follow Paige and her friend Carmen tomorrow. I want you to document what they are doing, photos and everything." Jax said, his stomach churning at the fact that he had to resort to this shit.

He wanted to have an honest relationship, but he knew that Paige would dodge the subject and the truth would go buried. He wanted to have things like how they were, but it seemed like as of late the mood around them had changed. She was no longer as excited about wanting a baby, the subject never came up.

When they were with friends or at the club she was constantly texting, her texts short and coded. Juice agreed to it, asking only for a car she wouldn't recognize and a few days to get it done. Jax knew that this was risky and if Juice was caught it was going to cause bigger problems, but he had to know. He couldn't rest his head at night with the worry that his old lady was being untrue to him.

Even if she hadn't cheated she was lying to him, and that made his skin crawl and his blood boil since it meant he couldn't trust her. He wanted to go back to how it was, but he knew that in his heart that they were now forever changed.

                                                                            ***

"Paige?" Jax called as he walked into the house. He smiled as Xavier came rushing to him, his arms encircling him. "Hey buddy." He said as he kissed the top of his head. He set him down and walked down the hall, his head peering into Abels room just in time to see Paige placing a box in the closet.

"Hey baby." He said, watching as she jumped like a woman in a horror movie. "You okay?" He asked with a smirk, his heart swelling as he had no idea how he could love a woman so much.

"Yeah—just jumpy I guess. How are you?" She asked nervously as she tucked some hair over her ear and looked at baby Abel in his crib.

"Good, it was a good day. Opie is coming back; Donna hates it but—it's what has to happen." Jax said with a smile. Paige smiled and walked over to Jax, her lips pecking his as she walked past him and into the bedroom.