Chapter Eight:Ghosts of the past

"Okay I put all his clothes in here, and all the diapers and wipes are in this drawer. I have about 30 cans of formula, and plenty of bottles so you will be good." Paige said as she showed Jax where everything it was.

It had only been a week since Paige had officially ended things. A week filled with confusing things and goings on. Tara had not been pregnant, a false positive that brought out the truth and sent her back to Chicago.

Paige had been relieved, but the damage for her and Jax had been done. She couldn't trust him and was scared to put her trust back in him just yet. She had so many things going on in her mind that she felt she might lose it at any moment.

"Paige—can we talk?" Jax asked, the expression his face clear. Paige sighed and leaned against the crib, looking over at Abel sleeping. She smiled as she looked at him, a perfect little blessing in a world full of so much chaos.

She motioned for him to follow her, her body still getting chills whenever he looked at her. She loved him and wanted to be his old lady again, but she was hurting and part of her wanted him to feel it too.

"Talk about what Jax? What is there to discuss?" Paige asked, walking over to the kitchen to make a bottle for later.

"Us."

"There is no us anymore Jax, you made sure of that." She hissed, watching how her words dug into his heart. It hurt her that she was hurting him, but when she thought about how he had been unfaithful, it killed her all over again.

"What do I have to do to show you I am sorry. I made a mistake, a mistake that I will forever regret. I love you Paige and I want us to be a family." He said closing off the space between.

"I want that too Jax, I want it more than anything—but I can't trust you." She stated simply as she walked past him. She knew that the day was getting late, and she had made plans to actually go out and have some fun. 

It had been a while since she had been able to just sit in a bar and have a conversation about anything other than Jax or the club. She gasped as she felt his hands grab her arms, his arms wrapping around her as he pulled her close.

"Please Paige—one more chance baby. I will show you how sorry I am." He purred as his lips trailed over her exposed neck. She tried to clear her head as he trailed kisses along her neck, her body still ready for him, even though her mind was chaos. 

"If  you want to show me how sorry you are, show me another way." She hissed pushing him from her. "I am going out—If you need anything call Gemma." She said before heading out of the house, leaving Jax angry and confused.

He watched her as she walked to her car, a smile on her face as she took out her phone. He knew that she was enjoying toying with him, but Jax also knew that he deserved nothing less. He wasn't going to even think about another woman, or flirt with anyone. Paige was all he wanted and all he needed so if he needed to wait for her, that is exactly what he was going to do.

                                                                                                 ****

"Thought you were going out." Her father said as he walked into the door of his house, Paige sitting in her jeans and shirt clicking through channels.

"And how did you know that?"

"Paige, lass—it's a small fucking town. Besides Jackie boy was all upset over it." He said as he removed his cut and jacket placing them on the chair before sitting down on the couch. "Where is my boy?" He called through the house, Xavier running out of the room with a toy motorcycle.