Chapter Fourteen:A Heart Torn in Two

Paige's eyes fluttered open, her body relaxed and sore from the night before. A blush went over her cheek as she recalled the events in her memory. She looked over at Juice, his body relaxed and his eyes still closed.

She reached over and traced her fingers along his skull tattoo that laid over his peck, the skin raised and scarred. She smiled as his hand raised to hers, their fingers lacing as he opened his eyes. She looked him over, her eyes going to the tribal tattoos over the side of head, and down to this lovely brown eyes.

"How are you feeling?" He asked as he turned his body to face hers, his hand resting on her hip. She smiled and placed her hands on his chest, her body scooting closer to his as she felt a chill in the room.

"Good, shockingly." She answered, her face blushing as she couldn't believe what the hell was going on. She had yet to come to terms with the fact that she had slept with Juice, but that she had also wanted it.

"Me too—I haven't been this happy in years." He smiled, his smile able to light up the room. He looked over to the table, the clock flashing nearly 9 AM. "Shit!" He said as he jumped from the bed, knowing that the guys would be waiting for him at the clubhouse. He slipped a blanket over his body and ran into the living room for his clothes, Paige joining him soon after dressed in shorts and a t-shirt.

"Will I see you later?" She asked as she ran her hand through her messy sex hair, her eyes watching as he quickly got dressed.

"Of course, you have that appointment this afternoon."

"What? Oh, shit I forgot, the appointment, thank you." She smiled as she helped him zip up his cut, his lips on hers as the kiss was only tearing her heart more in two. She cared for Juice, but her love for Jax ran deeper than anything she and Juice had.

"What would you do without me?" He smirked as he grabbed the car keys from the table. Paige watched from the door as he left, her hand in the air as she waved him off, the sound of Xavier in the kitchen making her realize that the day had only just begun. Her thoughts turned to her father, his health the only thing she wanted on her mind now.

                                                                               ***

"Where ya been?" Jax asked as Juice walked up to the clubhouse, something off about him as he seemed nervous.

"Just slept in." He answered with a smile as he walked right past him. Jax got up and threw the butt of his cigarette on the ground, his eyes watching as Juice went into the clubhouse. He knew something was off, and it was rubbing him the wrong way.

He walked into the clubhouse, everyone solemn as they had been waiting to hear about Chib's all morning. Jax sat down and looked at Juice, his eyes looking over him as Juice poured a cup of coffee.

"I went by your house—to thank you for being there for Paige, and you weren't there." Jax said, the air in the room changing as Jax stood, his intentions clear and his voice low. He walked over to the bar, Juice stiffening as he rested his hands on the bar.

"I went to a friend's house." Juice answered, his eyes looking around as he sipped his coffee. The guys gathered around, all of them now cluing into what Jax was getting at. Jax knew this wasn't the time nor the place to do this, but he had his suspicions.

"Really? Is that why I saw Gem's car parked outside my house this morning at 6 am? You drop by that early?" He asked, his hands now balled into fists.

"What are you getten at Jax?" Juice asked, as he puffed up his chest, fear writhing all over his body. He stood his ground as Jax walked around the bar, standing toe to toe with a man like Jax was not something he had ever wanted.