Chapter Twelve: Jax's Choice

"Say something." Paige whispered as the minutes were starting to feel like hours. She had been home for only an hour, and for that solid hour, Jax had yet to say a single word. She had to watch him slowly move his things from their home, and into suitcases.

"You don't have to worry about money, I got you an account set up with plenty of money for rent and things. The boys will have everything they need, and the baby too." He said numbly as he picked up his bags and walked from the room.

"Why does it have to be this way Jackson? Why do you have to leave? Why can't we just work this out?"

"Work it out? You lied to me Paige, and had no intention of telling me. I had to hire Juice to follow you, and then you get arrested. I can't do this right now Paige—I can't" He huffed as he pulled from her grasp on his arm.

"I was going to tell you Jax, I promise I was, but how could I tell you when I hardly saw you? Don't tell me that all day you were at work, cause that is bullshit. You forget Jax I grew up in this fucking town and this club and I hear things. I know about what you guys have been up to, but did you keep me in that loop? Did you think to tell me your mother had been raped? Did you think to tell me about half the shit I know!" She yelled, her stomach cramping as she knew it was terrible for the baby.

"That is club business, and you are—were my old lady which meant you were on a need to know basis." He snapped, Paige turning away from him as his words cut deeper than any knife ever could.

"If you want to leave just leave—I'm not stopping you. Just don't think you are coming back." She said as she finally turned to face him, a look of shock and hurt on his face. "If you leave—you are never welcome back in my life." She finished, walking away from him, the tears finally pouring as she heard the front door slam. The sound of his bike made her drop to the bed, her sobs drowned out by the roar of the engine.

Never in her wildest dreams did she ever think that she would be in this position, but then again she did only have herself to blame. She had lied to him and that resulted in losing the only man she knew she could ever and would ever love.

Paige knew that the kids didn't need to suffer because of this, which is why she offered to still take care of Abel and Jax agreed to take Xavier every weekend. It was an arrangement she hated, but she hope that with time, the wounds would heal and they would once again be a family.

                                                                                  ***

"How are you feeling? Gemma asked as she walked through the house, no doubt making sure Paige and the kids were all right.

"I'm not Wendy Gem, I am not shooting up and the kids are perfect. Xavier is making a ton of friends and Abel finally slept through the night." Paige explained as he put her hand on her growing belly. She was already 25 weeks, her due date approaching fast and with no hope of a recollection on the horizon.

"I know that darlin—I worry about you. Have you talked to Jax?" She asked as she started to fold the laundry left on the sofa.

"I haven't spoken a word to him since he left, I haven't seen him in weeks and I kinda want it that way." She said, speaking only half truths as her heart broke all over again. In truth, she had seen him, she had seen him in bed with a croweater, or a porn star from CARA CARA, Paige not wanting to stick around to ask.

She had gone to tell him about the great news; They were having a big healthy boy. Once she saw him making love to another woman she had turned and ran out of the clubhouse, her tears never ending from that day.